Case question

sgf

Reaction score
I have read most of the case threads and now have a short list. If you have one of these cases can you tell me if the P3s will fit it in properly with the props on? Travelling Waterproof Shoulder Backpack Hard Case Bag f DJI Phantom 3 Drone T9J5 | eBay .

I realize that foam will give enough to close the lid, but I am looking for something that won't misshape or damage the props. My use will be general safe storage and for ATV'ing. I want something waterproof and that can handle the impact of branches or a flipped ATV, within reason. It doesn't have to be backpack style but that's the style waterproof hard cases I found in this price range.

Reactions: DatScreamer
I don't think that's waterproof. I think the best case would be the one by Go professional cases

I don't think that's waterproof. I think the best case would be the one by Go professional cases
He says it is waterproof, as per the description, and that it can be used with props installed without bending them. I am not sure if the props can be misshapen if they are bent by the foam when stored in the case so I asked the question using the word "properly". I ordered it so I guess I am going to find out.

He says it is waterproof, as per the description, and that it can be used with props installed without bending them. I am not sure if the props can be misshapen if they are bent by the foam when stored in the case so I asked the question using the word "properly". I ordered it so I guess I am going to find out.
I should have added that I really like the Go professional cases but they are just too pricey for my needs.

I
2d298d5c3fbb1bd0836b9671ee5e463c.jpg

I have read most of the case threads and now have a short list. If you have one of these cases can you tell me if the P3s will fit it in properly with the props on? Travelling Waterproof Shoulder Backpack Hard Case Bag f DJI Phantom 3 Drone T9J5 | eBay .

I realize that foam will give enough to close the lid, but I am looking for something that won't misshape or damage the props. My use will be general safe storage and for ATV'ing. I want something waterproof and that can handle the impact of branches or a flipped ATV, within reason. It doesn't have to be backpack style but that's the style waterproof hard cases I found in this price range.

Sellers talking this thing way up. Props have to come off FOR SURE. The claim it's waterproof is a complete joke. Resistant? Sure.

I have the same case got it on eBay too.. WELL worth the money. I have no complaints. Bird fits perfectly nice and snug. Hard Shell Backpack Bag Case DJI Phantom 3 Standard Professional & Advanced MG | eBay

Would I be confident with it through water or flipping over on a ATV ? Heck no!

Last edited:
Sellers butcher terminology, usually in their favor. I have no delusions that it will be "water proof" . I'm good with water resistant. I'll spray the soft parts with Scotchguard water repellent. My big concern is the zipper.

I am looking for it to keep the phantom safe if I am two hours from the trail head and it starts raining steady with some heavy downpours. If the props can't stay on it is junk to me. That is my number one requirement. I agree that this case won't save the P3s in a roll over. I plan to try and avoid that[emoji6]

c939d0f8bf6576374625f0e44d0f3089.jpg

e32993a9d44a9da37dcb3d5b71c6f783.jpg

Butcher? He's just a straight liar! As you can see, there is no way it fits with the props attached.

I have two of these knockoff hard cases and take drone hikes all the time. I even ride with it on my motorcycle. Waterproof no way but very protected from rain I'd say. I have enjoyed them and are actually very comfortable. I had to modify the one for my Standard some for the controller. If you have to do that I posted a thread on it if you search my content you should be able to find it if needed. I explain what areas need trimming.

c939d0f8bf6576374625f0e44d0f3089.jpg

e32993a9d44a9da37dcb3d5b71c6f783.jpg

Butcher? He's just a straight liar! As you can see, there is no way it fits with the props attached.
Nope, it won't fit with props on. I get the "waterproof" vice "water resistant" thing, to a point. The "yes it will fit with props on" completely escapes me. I mean it isn't like a buyer isn't' going to notice something like that!

The seller offered me $10.00 off if I keep it. Leaving props on was a big deal to me. I fear wear and tear on the threaded shaft. Also, more times on and off means more chances to mess up.

Am I worrying for nothing? For the price I do like the case otherwise.

it is a hassle for the prop removal each time but it does not wear anything out and yes you have to confirm the tightness each time to avoid a mistake. The size of case you have to get in order to keep the props on is just not worth it to me.

it is a hassle for the prop removal each time but it does not wear anything out and yes you have to confirm the tightness each time to avoid a mistake. The size of case you have to get in order to keep the props on is just not worth it to me.
I admit that one of my other concerns is that I have the props too tight or too loose. I didn't get the prop tool with my Phantom which probably doesn't matter as torque would still be a guess. I think I'll make a counter offer. If they take it I'll live with the case and hope it works out. I do like many things about it.

They accepted the counter offer. In fairness to the seller I think much of this confusion is the result of language difference and the nuances of terms more than any effort to be misrepresent. To their credit they were extremely gracious and willing to sort the matter out. Now I'll see if taking the props on and off is as annoying as I've imagined it to be. I'm always nervous to put them on too tight of too loose. It really is a guess more than any clear torque value.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond. It was helpful.

In all honesty removing the props is nothing more then a extra step. They are self tightening so you don't need to crank them down hulk status, just hand tight. Over tightening will cause problems. Just thread it on until it stops, then give it a good little 1/4 turn and your good. They are reverse thread for a reason.

This case wouldn't sandwich as well as it does if the props had were left on.

Last edited:
In all honesty removing the props is nothing more then a extra step. They are self tightening so you don't need to crank them down hulk status, just hand tight. Over tightening will cause problems. Just thread it on until it stops, then give it a good little 1/4 turn and your good. They are reverse thread for a reason.

This case wouldn't sandwich as well as it does if the props had were left on.
Maybe I'm concerned over nothing. I just had concerns that since the tightness is a bit of "guesstimation", the more times I install them the greater chance of losing one in flight or over tightening. Admittedly I installed them without issue when I got the drone and once more when I replaced the blades. I'll just be careful.

Maybe I'm concerned over nothing. I just had concerns that since the tightness is a bit of "guesstimation", the more times I install them the greater chance of losing one in flight or over tightening. Admittedly I installed them without issue when I got the drone and once more when I replaced the blades. I'll just be careful.

I totally get what you are saying and agree to a extent. I'm a diesel mechanic by trade so tightening the snot out of things is what I tend to think I always have to do. Lol.

I set the prop on the threaded post and give it a spin until it stops, then just snug it up with a little 1/4 turn. 9 times out of 10 I don't even use the little clamp wrench.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers