Carry-On Phantom 3 cases

I know nothing about that but I have a pelican 1510 that is carry on sized and cost a lot less. You'll have to do some plucking but the 1510 is more than likely a much better case.

I just came back from a week in mallorca flying my p3p. Had it in one of the cheap 30 quid eBay backpacks. No problems. Security inspected on way out, didn't bother on way back.

I'm very pleased with my DJI Hardshell Backpack I got from @Advexure. I also got the GPC Hard Case from them as well but when I just need something small and easy to carry the Hardshell is the way to go. Looks sleek too! I know I saw a post the Advexure got more in yesterday..not sure if they still have them.

I bought the MicroRaptor and have flown on Southwest with it 2 or 3 times. It's advertised as .1" over on depth but that's not a problem. All of the planes I've been on have been the smaller bins so I've had to put it sideways but I haven't had any problems, and it's still smaller than some of the stuff people carry on.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XM2YVW6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

A backpack doesn't work for me, I already have my computer backpack..

I just got this, only ~$50:
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-24120

Have to cut the foam to make it form fit the Phantom (which I haven't done yet). But drone fits in and closes with all the foam removed, so just need to cut it all to fit! I bought with the intention of using it as a carry on, it fits most of the major airline carry-on size requirements.

Reactions: Cisco150
Most airlines have gone down to 22x14x9" now.

Non of these cases fit. I'm struggling to find one that will work.

I use a Vanguard Up-Rise II. and love it. I prefer it over the Pelican. Here is the reasons...

Up-rise: Portable... will go with you everywhere. You can go anywhere with, hike to, bike to, just about anywhere with this piece, all without the extra weight. I hand carry it on board so this never gets check to let TSA touch my stuff.

Pelican: Strong, and will protect your quad, but heavy. You practically have to check in this as luggage. But do you really want to let the TSA and airlines baggage handlers have at your gear? Additional info here is that Lipo's are not supposed to be in checked bags. You can't take this thing while hiking or biking...

Bottom line, they both have a purpose, but be sure you have for the specific application. hope this helps.

Pelican: Strong, and will protect your quad, but heavy. You practically have to check in this as luggage. But do you really want to let the TSA and airlines baggage handlers have at your gear? Additional info here is that Lipo's are not supposed to be in checked bags.
No, just got back from the airport and you don't have to check the pelican. The pelican cases provide protection that the backpack doesn't. You have to determine what your needs are.

On batteries my pelican is set up to hold 5 batteries and they all go with me as a carry on.

Hi everyone! CasePro is excited about our new CasePro DJI Phantom 3 Carry-On Hard Case. It's wheeled, lightweight, and durable. We are finishing up on production for the case now, and we will be shipping the week of July 20th. Amazon will be receiving our products by then as well.

If you have a lot of specific gear (such as photography equipment, need extra battery compartments, etc), we can work with you to create a custom case as well. Visit us at www.caseproproducts.com. Let us know if there are any questions, comments or concerns.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-24120

Have to cut the foam to make it form fit the Phantom (which I haven't done yet). But drone fits in and closes with all the foam removed, so just need to cut it all to fit! I bought with the intention of using it as a carry on, it fits most of the major airline carry-on size requirements.
You will have to trim the Top foam also or get a different foam

No, just got back from the airport and you don't have to check the pelican. The pelican cases provide protection that the backpack doesn't. You have to determine what your needs are.

On batteries my pelican is set up to hold 5 batteries and they all go with me as a carry on.
If you're not lucky enough to get a carry on, all I'm saying is that you may have to check it as checked baggage. Additionally, at 11 lbs, it is usually not something you take to the beach or when going to the next location by foot etc.... With a camera bag case, you go anywhere!

22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case | 22-24120 (2224120) | Distributed By MCM

Thanks for the info i just order the MCM Part #22-24130 22" Rolling Black Weatherproof Equipment Case with Telescopic Handle hope this is better the the dji phantom 3 shell backpack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic