Carbon Props?

No matter how soft or flexible a prop is, once it spins up, it becomes rock-solid rigid from the centrifugal force, so the rumours of it behaving different to the flexible stock props are crap. However, you may want to adjust your gains if the props have a different airfoil and/or active chord distribution area. Ideally the prop should get to the same maximum RPM as the stock versions.

When I post opinions on PP's I try to be totally honest, checking my pride at the key-board so to speak & oist the good with the bad on my posts. I spent hours on the CF prop topic. Earlier today I read a post that has been deleted or buried somewhere I can't find. The post basically said "I was full if crap" regarding my findings with the CF Props.... So I'm either a liar or stupid???
Anyway after having an incident flying today, I needed to replace my props. The findings I posted regarding my tests with the CF Props were based on ★one set★ my 1st set of CF Props purchased.
2 of the 4 props were stamped Maytech 9.4x4.3"DJI◆with a silver colored spinner top see photo A1
The other 2 in the 1st I bought were stamped Maytech 9.4x4.3"DJI R ★ With a black colored spinner top see photo A2,

I opened the packages of the new CF Props & noticed something immediately. There is No stamp of any kind and the spinners are colored ★RED★ & ★BLACK★ They also have a ☆☆CROME☆☆Sleve at the bottom or threaded section of the prop☆☆ See Photo B1 & B2. Upon further inspection I noticed that the ★RED★ topped props rotate freely at the Crome Spinner!!! :evil: WTF??? So I buy those! That is most likely why REDROCKET lowered the price by 35%! I suspect that this complaint was discovered & they are dumping as many as possible. I don't know, the coincidence makes me wonder..... Anyway You cant use them because the Red tops will not completely tighten.
Back to folks that claim that the CF props do not perform better than the plastic props, I won't slander you as you feel the need to do with my tested opinions. I will continue to be as"OBJECTIVE" in my posts regarding the use of CF Props. And I'm sure you will continue to be "SUBJECTIVE" in yours.

I am contacting REDROCKET regarding the ★USELESS & Dangerous if used red-top CF Props. I will post the response after receiving it. But until I get this sorted out its back to OE for me......
Moose

Attachments

• 20140409_040147.jpg
    20140409_040147.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 449
  • 20140409_040353.jpg
    20140409_040353.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 406
  • 20140409_041635.jpg
    20140409_041635.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 393
cavaleiro01 said:
Didn't try them, yet, as they arrived unbalanced, so I'm taking care of that. As soon as I balance them, I'll try them and will let you know.

Hey - how do you balance them?

Moose said:
When I post opinions on PP's I try to be totally honest, checking my pride at the key-board so to speak & oist the good with the bad on my posts. I spent hours on the CF prop topic. Earlier today I read a post that has been deleted or buried somewhere I can't find. The post basically said "I was full if crap" regarding my findings with the CF Props.... So I'm either a liar or stupid???
Anyway after having an incident flying today, I needed to replace my props. The findings I posted regarding my tests with the CF Props were based on ★one set★ my 1st set of CF Props purchased.
2 of the 4 props were stamped Maytech 9.4x4.3"DJI◆with a silver colored spinner top see photo A1
The other 2 in the 1st I bought were stamped Maytech 9.4x4.3"DJI R ★ With a black colored spinner top see photo A2,

I opened the packages of the new CF Props & noticed something immediately. There is No stamp of any kind and the spinners are colored ★RED★ & ★BLACK★ They also have a ☆☆CROME☆☆Sleve at the bottom or threaded section of the prop☆☆ See Photo B1 & B2. Upon further inspection I noticed that the ★RED★ topped props rotate freely at the Crome Spinner!!! :evil: WTF??? So I buy those! That is most likely why REDROCKET lowered the price by 35%! I suspect that this complaint was discovered & they are dumping as many as possible. I don't know, the coincidence makes me wonder..... Anyway You cant use them because the Red tops will not completely tighten.
Back to folks that claim that the CF props do not perform better than the plastic props, I won't slander you as you feel the need to do with my tested opinions. I will continue to be as"OBJECTIVE" in my posts regarding the use of CF Props. And I'm sure you will continue to be "SUBJECTIVE" in yours.

I am contacting REDROCKET regarding the ★USELESS & Dangerous if used red-top CF Props. I will post the response after receiving it. But until I get this sorted out its back to OE for me......
Moose

★★★OK I got a QUICK response to the prop issue mentioned above from RedRocket! They will take care of anyone who bought the ★Red-Top spinner CF Props.
Contact them through ebay on the comment section and they will express a set if the proper type! So thats good news!!
Moose

xplorer said:
No matter how soft or flexible a prop is, once it spins up, it becomes rock-solid rigid from the centrifugal force, so the rumours of it behaving different to the flexible stock props are crap. However, you may want to adjust your gains if the props have a different airfoil and/or active chord distribution area. Ideally the prop should get to the same maximum RPM as the stock versions.

difference with my post is I back up what I say with facts from experts,Example; interview any owner of a $25,000 and up Pro-Platform Type Drone & you will find that
" ALL OF THEM USE CF PROPS FOR THE SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE"

NOT CRAP AS YOU PUT IT..... FACT THAT THEY PERFORM SUPERIOR TO PLASTIC........no rumor here xplorer◇◇◇◆◆◆ OK FACT-FACT-FACT◇◇◇◆◆◆

Ok guys what's the big deal with the carbon props, besides being ugly as hell :D I've had graupner props, dji,
Carbon props . All these on my quads. Gotta say my favorite are the dji props. Plus if you hit a prop with a body part , the carbon are going to cut the **** out of you.

Mori55 said:
Ok guys what's the big deal with the carbon props, besides being ugly as hell :D I've had graupner props, dji,
Carbon props . All these on my quads. Gotta say my favorite are the dji props. Plus if you hit a prop with a body part , the carbon are going to cut the **** out of you.

Read my entire post and it explains why I choose ★Composite Carbon Fiber★ ad-nauseum.......
Moose

Oh yeah BTW you think CF is ugly????? :?: :?: :?: You must think women with blonde hair are ugly also I presume....
LOL

So they're more dangerous , added prop guards = more weight + more turbulence when decending. Plus , if you wack something more damage.
I've had them on my 450 didn't see the big deal. Now maybe if I was flying a 3D heli it would be different. It's a phantom a video and pic platform , why would you want more vibration ?
If you want to do 3D you bought the wrong multi rotor.
Plus I think carbon looks like crap , like white better. ;)

Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth...

I bought aftermarket carbon props. Yeah, they look cool, feel cool, sounds cooler to say than "stock props". But it only took one minute of flight time to realize they totally suck. There is definitely a loss-of-control factor. When going full throttle forward, you're probably used to a slight dip in altitude when you let off the throttle with the stock props. Well, with carbon fiber, that slight drop turns into several feet. Wish I'd known that before I did it only 10 feet off the ground. Crashed my Phantom but only busted off the nuts of one of the carbon props. Immediately took it back inside and replaced with stock props. MUCH better flying experience, IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav