Carbon Fiber Propellers, any better?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am just wondering if anyone here bought the carbon fiber propellers and seeing any performance differences?
1. Faster?
2. Better balance in wind?
3. Turns quicker?
4. etc?

Reactions: mwohl
Hi guys,

I am just wondering if anyone here bought the carbon fiber propellers and seeing any performance differences?
1. Faster?
3. Turns quicker?
4. etc?
I hear the plastic ones are generally better. The carbon ones may be very slightly more responsible but I hear the balance can be off sometimes. its really not worth the money IMO.

I use carbon reinforced props, touch wood, no problems so far. I feel if they are balanced properly, they might be better props. They are little brittle but any hit will damage normal as well carbon reinforced.

1. Faster?
3. Turns quicker?
4. etc?
Nothing better - some negative aspects to them.
The DJI propulsion engineers did a good job of making a tuned propulsion system and it's unlikely you can improve on it by mixing and matching aftermarket bits.

They might hurt ya too :eek:
flesh wound.gif

Reactions: CuFlying
If I remember correctly, DJI claims we get a few more % thrust.

I have them and didn't notice much - if any - difference.

But I did see some crash videos.... Plastic props hold up better in small incidents. There's even some videos of people flying phantoms with **** near half a prop missing after run-in with a tree branch. CF mix props look like they shatter immediately... I really wonder if I should go back to plastic...

Also, since I always handcatch, its a lot more risky with composite props....

Reactions: Reed L
Testing has shown no difference. DJI states no difference. CF props will crack easier then plastic.
Do you have the link to test results? Would be interesting to see them. CF props look sturdier so might perform better at high speeds. Just my guess.

If I remember correctly, DJI claims we get a few more % thrust.
Do you have the link to test results? Would be interesting to see them. CF props look sturdier so might perform better at high speeds. Just my guess.
No .. sounds like confusion caused by DJI marketing when they released new props for the P2 series.
They had a larger pitch and DJI called them thrust-boosted and mentioned that they gave x% more thrust than the earlier 9443 props.

There is no difference in pitch or thrust with the CF reinforced 9450 props vs the original white plastic 9450 props for the P3

They are being redesigned and tested, as we speak.
Please wait until Feb.2016 before purchasing any @dji carbon fiber reinforced rotor blades. ;-) thanks

RedHotPoker

No .. sounds like confusion caused by DJI marketing when they released new props for the P2 series.
They had a larger pitch and DJI called them thrust-boosted and mentioned that they gave x% more thrust than the earlier 9443 props.

There is no difference in pitch or thrust with the CF reinforced 9450 props vs the original white plastic 9450 props for the P3
Cf and plastic profiles appear to be identical so no chance of getting additional thrust.

I bought the DJI carbon ones but not much difference other than they don't look quite so disgusting after chopping up 5 million bugs.
There is a school of thought that the more flexible plastic version will act almost like suspension and damp out any slight vibration. The carbon ones I got all needed balancing just like the originals.

No news is good news. Sorry, this came from a private inside source.
Stay tuned for more info in the weeks to come. Ah, like I said, expect those newly redesigned carbon fiber blades, to be showing up sometime around Feb. 2016.

If you can't wait, buy them now, and be very careful. Extreme caution.

RedHotPoker

Carbon fibre props are very rigid so don't absorb vibration to well that's why DJI didn't go for them as first pick. Like a n aircrafts wing you need some flexibility.....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT