Carbon Fiber Propellers, any better?

They also increase the risk of stress fractures...no gain .
Carbon fibre props are very rigid so don't absorb vibration to well that's why DJI didn't go for them as first pick. Like a n aircrafts wing you need some flexibility.....
I have been flying my P3 on CF reinforced DJI props only and no stress cracks, no vibrations. I just took care of good balancing. I'm not sure what's the source of your information. Request not to conclude based on guesses and imaginations.

Last edited:
Reactions: sonof40
I use carbon reinforced props, touch wood, no problems so far. I feel if they are balanced properly, they might be better props. They are little brittle but any hit will damage normal as well carbon reinforced.
carbon fibre are good as you know just make sure they balanced stops lot of vibrating to gimbal that's the DJI reinforced ones. glad some one else knows this.

Nothing better - some negative aspects to them.
The DJI propulsion engineers did a good job of making a tuned propulsion system and it's unlikely you can improve on it by mixing and matching aftermarket bits.
The Dji black CF props are "advertised" as an upgrade by Dji. I bought them because they were black to match my black P3A.
They were just a little lighter, a little stiffer and and their sound was a little deeper. The balance was about the same as the OE props and I noticed no real difference in performance.
Maybe they will outlast the P3 - who knows?
Now, if Dji would make a CF shell option- who wouldn't buy that!

Continued confusion.

When people hear carbon fiber most immediately assume it is the cloth woven type as opposed to [internally] reinforced.

MANY plastics use carbon and other fibers as reinforcement but the CF use here by DJI has many confused.

Reactions: alokbhargava
Continued confusion.

When people hear carbon fiber most immediately assume it is the cloth woven type as opposed to [internally] reinforced.

MANY plastics use carbon and other fibers as reinforcement but the CF use here by DJI has many confused.
Yes - if Dji uses fiber in their CF props, you cannot see it from the outside

Could the GPS somehow have access to the world, perhaps through holes drilled into the carbon fiber body material? Or a special external Antenna made particularly for receiving multiple satellite information?

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Dounin Front
Many drones (FCs) have the GPS antenna external and on a stalk.

Then all is well in N. Hinterland again. ;-)
& this Shouldn't be that difficult to accomplish, it's a minor feat.

RedHotPoker

The Dji black CF props are "advertised" as an upgrade by Dji. I bought them because they were black to match my black P3A.
They were just a little lighter, a little stiffer and and their sound was a little deeper. The balance was about the same as the OE props and I noticed no real difference in performance.
Maybe they will outlast the P3 - who knows?
Now, if Dji would make a CF shell option- who wouldn't buy that!
carbon fibre frame now that would be good price well what would that cost££$$

carbon fibre frame now that would be good price well what would that cost££$$
Sure nobody really wants to spend extra money, but with the price being double (example: Dji OE props $7 and CF $15 per pair) for a shell/frame bottom and the labor being 3+hrs, maybe only having to do it once would be well worth it. Or maybe an option for new units.
BTW: the whole shell is $59 US. A CF bottom could add $30 to that.

I have been flying on the CF Dji brand props for several months and I like them way better than the stock props.
They provide better stabilization and seem to be a taste quieter than stock. No additional speed or thrust that I can tell.
I don't see any difference in pics or video either. These are only my opinions, and I only have about 60 flights on each.

But if we didn't want to spend "extra" money, we wouldn't have bought iPad Air 2 64gb Cellular devices. Ha

RedHotPoker

Carbon Fiber is less forgiving than poly-plastics, This means less distortion/flex in the blade.
Whether this variable is measurable in performance.... I can't say. I've flown twice with CF 9450s
and notice no difference, but I am not a performance geek. Will I buy them again? Probably not.
Do they look nice? Yes. Does that matter? No. Does my answer help? Nope. Sorry.

I personally think the extra expense should be put into a good blade balancer.

Yes, I need one. Been relying on them blades being near perfect, out of the package. I have actually only just started weighing mine, tonight. And a dobro blade balancer, with the threaded bit would come in mighty handy as well.

RedHotPoker

If carbon fiber/reinforced blades sounded like this, I would buy them, in Feb. ;-)

RedHotPoker

OH, I don't know. Something about them blades being inferior, and decomposing mid air, causing crashes. @dji is aware of this risk and is redesigning them, as we speak. By Feb. 2016 we are hopefully anticipating the new carbon fiber reinforced blades, will be out available to spin up, on the birds we love. ;-)

That's all folks. Just waiting on ol' reliable, is my assessment.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: bobmyers
OH, I don't know. Something about them blades being inferior, and decomposing mid air, causing crashes. @dji is aware of this risk and is redesigning them, as we speak. By Feb. 2016 we are hopefully anticipating the new carbon fiber reinforced blades, will be out available to spin up, on the birds we love. ;-)

That's all folks. Just waiting on ol' reliable, is my assessment.

RedHotPoker
Are you "poking fun" at us again or have you heard something about a Dji CF prop redesign? They are still pushing them on the Dji website. How 'bout a link?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20