Carbon fiber blades? Pros/Cons

Reaction score
Hi gang, Anyone have experience with the carbon fiber blades? Good experience? Better performance? Was thinking of buying but was curious of anyone else's experience with them.

Stick with OEM DJI props. 3rd party props often don't work well and/or cause unstable flights.

Carbon looks cool but performance gains are not really noticeable, they can be more brittle, usually cost more and when they are spinning round they look no different from 1/2 mile away. Just have a set to put on when the quads on the ground if you want the cool look

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Keep in mind that the Flight Controller (FC) in the aircraft is looking for very specific flight parameters and as such will limit/eliminate real performance gains on this platform.

Also realize that if you put stiffer props on the aircraft you could be transferring energy (during a blade strike of some kind) deeper into the aircraft where repairs can be more difficult and expensive.

This aircraft is a flying camera platform (as in really expensive and tall tripod) and as such the performance curve is minimal by design. Speeds, control actions, rate of ascent/decent are all turned way down in the programming. Performance quad this is not.

Keep in mind that the Flight Controller (FC) in the aircraft is looking for very specific flight parameters and as such will limit/eliminate real performance gains on this platform.

Also realize that if you put stiffer props on the aircraft you could be transferring energy (during a blade strike of some kind) deeper into the aircraft where repairs can be more difficult and expensive.

This aircraft is a flying camera platform (as in really expensive and tall tripod) and as such the performance curve is minimal by design. Speeds, control actions, rate of ascent/decent are all turned way down in the programming. Performance quad this is not.
Great Points. I was curious what everyone's thoughts were. Seems like everyone is leaning towards staying with what is on it. Thanks for the information.

Great Points. I was curious what everyone's thoughts were. Seems like everyone is leaning towards staying with what is on it. Thanks for the information.

DJI has spent a LOT of $$ on R&D and the blades from them are a very good compromise. They are part of a "tuned system" and IMHO the best option for such a "Controlled" platform.

Reactions: rlphoto69
I fly the DJI CF on my P3P just because I like the looks of the black props. No noticeable difference, good or bad, in flight.

On my P4P I got the DJI black props from the Best Buy limited edition black P4, just because I still like black props :D

I fly the DJI CF on my P3P just because I like the looks of the black props. No noticeable difference, good or bad, in flight.

On my P4P I got the DJI black props from the Best Buy limited edition black P4, just because I still like black props :D
Dont know why but black absorbs more light and heat.

Dont know why but black absorbs more light and heat.

Because black absorbs all colors of light. White reflects all colors of light

But the good thing is.... props by nature are FANS!

My avatar is a IR pic of my DJI F450 in hover after a full battery summertime flight. Those props are black too. Did I say like black props. Do you see any prop heat signature in that pic? Nope, they are invisible, same heat color as the sky

Reactions: piee
Cool. I wonder why there arent any clear props seems like super invisible to camera

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94