Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Drone Rivers

Can the P4P battery be charged through a car usb port ? I was going to get a car charger and then realized
    I do not have a cigarette lighter in my car, but I have 6 usb charging ports. Go figure?!!
    Do I need a converter?

Mickey

2. ianzone

Uuummm no cigarette lighter,definitely a non smoking car,I not think I have heard of that,no,have not heard of usb charger,not enough output ,this was a cheap one I got off ebay,I not use a converter with this,I probly should but goes straight in cig lighter thingy and I drive while it charging or be walking home,,if no cigarette lighter in your car you could use converter with aligator clips on end so can clip on your battery but sure car needs to run , I can't see 12 volt fully charge a 5870mah 15.2volt batt while not idling or driving,,they are handy but I fully charged all at home,it's just a back up for me 20180822_181446.jpg

Drone Rivers and MotorCycle-Man like this.
  3. With The Birds

No- 5V at 1.5A won’t cut it. Assuming an adapter was made it would take 15 hours to charge your battery.

Drone Rivers likes this.
  4. FlyingUser

USB is certainly not enough, the stock charger is 100W (17.5V x 5.7A). The DJI car charger is AFAIK 90W, goes in the cigarette lighter.

Haven't heard about a car, that didn't have this industry-standard 12V port...

Satman, ianzone and Drone Rivers like this.
  5. Drone Rivers

My bad... I finally found the 12v ports. It took a bit of detective work. One was hidden in a lower 'secret compartment' under the main console, beneath the climate control.
    The other is located in the rear cargo area under the mat, in the storage compartment, underneath the air pump. Who knew??!!
    LOL... I've had this car for 2 yrs and just found the bloomin' things!
    Sorry.... that was totally a blonde moment for me!

FlyingUser and ianzone like this.