Car charger for P4P batteries...

Reaction score
Hey doods!

I'm looking for a reliable, robust car charger for my P4P batteries. I don't want a cigarette lighter charger. I'm looking for something that connects directly to the battery. The ability to charge multiple batteries either in series or parallel would be a bonus. I'm looking for something heavy-duty....industrial.... Am I going to have to build one? I HATE reinventing the wheel.

I have already tried using a P4P 3-bay, dual-voltage charger. It runs though post, but for whatever reason doesn't see the batteries. I also tried an adapter cable for a B6AC, and that didn't work, either.

Thanx for any help you can give.

D

Have you considered an inverter running on a dedicated car battery? I have seen campers use this not necessarily on a phantom batteries but kitchen electronic devices.

You could get adapter leads for croc clips to cig lighter socket (see photo from UK Amazon) and then just use the proper DJI charger (C4S90-4)?
Not sure I'd really want to use anything non-DJI on a battery that costs £170!
61ihVBM0b8L._SL1000_.jpg

Have you considered an inverter running on a dedicated car battery? I have seen campers use this not necessarily on a phantom batteries but kitchen electronic devices.

I considered it and quickly dismissed it. An inverter takes DC current and inverts it to AC. Your power supply then takes AC current and converts it to DC. Both processes generate heat and waste a lot of energy. Your drone battery is a DC device. Your car battery is a DC device. The conversion from 12VDC to 14.8VDC charger is much more efficient than rectifying the current twice. That's why I'm specifically looking for a charger that connects directly to the car's battery.

D

You could get adapter leads for croc clips to cig lighter socket (see photo from UK Amazon) and then just use the proper DJI charger (C4S90-4)?
Not sure I'd really want to use anything non-DJI on a battery that costs £170!
View attachment 104839

Honestly, if I were going to go this route, I would simply cut the cigarette lighter bullet off the end and install a pair of clips. I may still do this. I was hoping there was a more eloquent solution already out there, used, and tested by the aerial community. Still hoping I don't have to build one....

D

Honestly, if I were going to go this route, I would simply cut the cigarette lighter bullet off the end and install a pair of clips. I may still do this. I was hoping there was a more eloquent solution already out there, used, and tested by the aerial community. Still hoping I don't have to build one....

D
OK, FWIW I use the DJI unit when driving (engine stop-start tech seems to upset it) but often hook it up to my camper leisure battery using an adapter similar to above. As far as I know there is a fuse built in to the DJI unit in the cig plug.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT