Cant sync rc with P3

Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm a newbie with the Phantom and having some trouble. I came into a P3 standard that had been crashed (hit a tree and tore the camera/gimble assembly off). When i got it, it would fly, but of course there was no video. I replaced the wifi antennas, mount/vibration dampeners, and the ribbon cable running to the wifi module. I'm still not getting video, so there's likely more damage, but that's not my problem. Since i repaired it, i'm not getting any response to the rc. I've tried re-syncing it, but haven't had any luck. The repair work went smoothly, so i don't think anything was damaged. Is there something i'm missing?

My experience with a crash and loss of the camera, was that without a working camera, the ac would not link with the tx. It sounds like whatever repairs you made to the camera/gimble assembly didn't work rendering the assembly incapable of linking between the ac and tx. In my case I had to put a brand new camera and gimble assembly on to link up the ac and tx.
Good luck.

Hey guys and girls, I had same problem with my P3, second flight, crashed and broke gimble and whole camera assembly off. Now it wont sink with controller. App comes up with poor remote signal and wont take off. Majorly sad. Done understand why it wont fly just because the camera isn't on it. Not happy with having to pay over $500 for complete camera assembly to get it operational again. I'm happy to fly it without the camera and have the $500 in my pocket. Would like to bypass whatever is stopping it from receiving signal from remote. Tried extending wires hanging from underneath body hoping extra length would pick up signal. No joy of course. Everything else is fine, just no camera. So no camera, no go.

First off, the camera assembly for the P3 S is around $250. The remote will not link with the ac without a camera assembly in place. Once ac to rx is linked,camera can be removed and flown without. Seems that freqently the link is lost when crashed. Catch 22 apparently. The two wires hangin underneath are for the two WiFi receiver in ac.

Cheers Stuka, thanks for advice. Have ordered new camera/gimble assembly and associated cables. Couldn't get one less than $300 delivered to me. Played around with broken bits, attached long pieces of wires to the antenna wires hanging out the bottom but drone still not able to get strong signal. Learnt a bit pulling all the bits apart though. Won't have a problem putting on the new bits. I know where and how they attach....lol..............

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub