Can't swich from 5G to 2,4G anymore

Im from montenegro. And i have p3 se, and i can't go more than 500m, and above 100m and it swys im using 2g, and cant switch it. And btw im flying on the shore,so no diaturbance on signal
Jesi rijesio problem? Ja letim sa trojkom SE evo drugi dan al imam isti problem kao sto si ti naveo :)

You are right.
This delicacy avoided me
They promise in FCC mode 4000 meters for 5 Ghz, and 1000 meters for 2.4 GHz.

Strange. It means that switshing to 2.4 Ghz is not a big business :)

I don't know, I don't trust DJI since they told me that the problem is my mobile, not considering I told them many times I have the seme problem on more devices and did not have it since the update.
I don't believe too much those specs, in my experience I could fly more than 1000 meters in 2.4ghz even if I was in CE mode, far beyond the 400 stated by dji!

I don't know, I don't trust DJI since they told me that the problem is my mobile, not considering I told them many times I have the seme problem on more devices and did not have it since the update.
I don't believe too much those specs, in my experience I could fly more than 1000 meters in 2.4ghz even if I was in CE mode, far beyond the 400 stated by dji!
Based on my experiences with CE and FCC mode I think your drone had to be in FCC mode while you flew about 1000 meter. P3SE is a phantastic technical phenomenon, but in FCC mode his range is at least 6 time higher as in CE mode

Based on my experiences with CE and FCC mode I think your drone had to be in FCC mode while you flew about 1000 meter. P3SE is a phantastic technical phenomenon, but in FCC mode his range is at least 6 time higher as in CE mode
I don't think it was in fcc as I could only reach that distance, maybe 1100 at best, now, in fcc, I can reach 1400 and over in the same place.
To this add that people with IOS have been able to fly 1300 meters just switching to 2.4ghz in CE mode.

I don't think it was in fcc as I could only reach that distance, maybe 1100 at best, now, in fcc, I can reach 1400 and over in the same place.
To this add that people with IOS have been able to fly 1300 meters just switching to 2.4ghz in CE mode.
Who is the person, who can fly 1300 meters in CE mode? And how much can fly this person in FCC mode?

I think all this legends are based on the bug of previous firmware which allowed some AC to stay in FCC mode in Europe.
The new firmware fixed this bug, so the range is decreased for everybody in Europe.

¡Hola chicos! Soy de España, quiero comentar que puedo cambiar a 2.4g con 13 canales, en la última versión 3.1.23, uso iphone 6s ios 11.2.
mañana te muestro un video para que puedas verlo.
actualmente alcanza los 700 metros y 100 metros de altura y todo es perfecto.

Cuando no tenga miedo, intentaré más alcance

Last edited:
Who is the person, who can fly 1300 meters in CE mode? And how much can fly this person in FCC mode?

I think all this legends are based on the bug of previous firmware which allowed some AC to stay in FCC mode in Europe.
The new firmware fixed this bug, so the range is decreased for everybody in Europe.

Some people in italian groups did and by the way even I could fly over 1000 meters just switching to 2.4ghz... if it was becuse my AC was in fcc I should have been able to fly it to 1400 as I can do now in the same place! ;)

¡Hola chicos! Soy de España, quiero comentar que puedo cambiar a 2.4g con 13 canales, en la última versión 3.1.23, uso i
Some people in italian groups did and by the way even I could fly over 1000 meters just switching to 2.4ghz... if it was becuse my AC was in fcc I should have been able to fly it to 1400 as I can do now in the same place! ;)
Have you tried your drone distance on the same place in CE mode with 5 GHz? It was less than with 2.4 GHz?

Yes, could reah 300/400 at beast after firmware update and loss of any chance to connect in 2.4ghz

I realized the only difference wa sthe frequency only recently, at first I just thought new firmware and app were the cause, then the 2.4 ghz thing came to my mind as I use to do it everytime because I checked it worked better!

The moment of truth is comming :)
With my new iPad Air 2 I can unimpeded switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. I'm curious witch distance can I reach with 2.4GHz, on the same place, where my record on 5GHz is 3500 meters

The moment of truth is comming :)
With my new iPad Air 2 I can unimpeded switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. I'm curious witch distance can I reach with 2.4GHz, on the same place, where my record on 5GHz is 3500 meters
Probably the 5.8 ghz frequency is better than the 2.4 ghz frequency. Only, the 5.8 ghz frequency is more sensitive to disturbances due to buildings, trees and other elements.

You will use litchi ?
Yes, I used android DJI Go 3.1.18 FCC mod to switch to FCC, latest IOS version of DJI go to switch to 2.4 GHz, and Litchi on IOS to fly.
I had three starts, at first something went wrong, AC turned back on 1000 meters. Second try ended on 3000 meters, third on 3100 meters.
My last two try with 5GHz ended over 3200 meters. So, regarding my experiences 2.4GHz doesn't give larger range as 5GHz

Probably the 5.8 ghz frequency is better than the 2.4 ghz frequency. Only, the 5.8 ghz frequency is more sensitive to disturbances due to buildings, trees and other elements.

Yes, I have the same experience.

Last edited:
Yes, I used android DJI Go 3.1.18 FCC mod to switch to FCC, latest IOS version of DJI go to switch to 2.4 GHz, and Litchi on IOS to fly.
I had tree start, at first something went wrong, AC turned back on 1000 meters. Second try ended on 3000 meters, third on 3100 meters.
My last two try with 5GHz ended over 3200 meters. So, regarding my experiences 2.4GHz doesn't give larger range as 5GHz

Yes, I have the same experience.

Switching to FCC and after that using 5 GHZ is better than 2.4 ?

I was convinced the 2.4 was better than 5 GHZ.

Switching to FCC and after that using 5 GHZ is better than 2.4 ?

I was convinced the 2.4 was better than 5 GHZ.
I am also a supporter of the 2.4 ghz band. On the 2.4 ghz band you have less problems with disturbances due to obstacles. The build-up of the frequency at 2.4 ghz ensures that fewer problems occur. The disadvantage of the 2.4 ghz band is that it is used more (so you have more problems with other users).

When you are in an open area (an open field, desert, sea, etc.) then your reach on the 5 ghz band is further. But as soon as there is a tree or a mast you start to notice it. The advantage is that there is significantly less use of the 5 ghz band.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20