Can't get past "How To Connect" page

Reaction score
I'm trying to set up a P3P and when I go to the Phantom 3 Professional page in the GO App there is a "How to Connect" button that gives instructions and then says when I go back to Equipment Page I should be able to enter "Camera View". However it just keeps showing me the "How To Connect" page........there is no option to select Camera View.
Does anyone have any ideas? I've spent a long time online trying to find a solution with no luck.....

I'm trying to set up a P3P and when I go to the Phantom 3 Professional page in the GO App there is a "How to Connect" button that gives instructions and then says when I go back to Equipment Page I should be able to enter "Camera View". However it just keeps showing me the "How To Connect" page........there is no option to select Camera View.
Does anyone have any ideas? I've spent a long time online trying to find a solution with no luck.....

Android or IOS

Android start the tx then the quad and wait 30 seconds then plug the cable into the device and it should pop up a box asking if you want to use dji go app , dont tick always use box.

If the phone doesn’t prompt then it’s not seeing the usb connection, swipe down from the top and see if USB type option shows up (some don’t have it) and choose MTP. If that doesn’t work ( some phones on Android 6 don’t work such as the A3)

Try another cable as some don’t work

If it’s Apple device they are usually bullet proof and usually work fine

You say you used it with P4 ..... You are aware that the P3 and P4 do NOT use same DJI Go ?

P3 and earlier Phantoms use DJi GO before 4 version .... and will not work with DJI GO .... as that is only for later 4 models.

I would suggest uninstalling your GO ... and then going back to Play Store and downloading DJI Go before 4 version ... start again.

If you still want to use a P4 and therefore need DJI GO (for the 4) - then leave it installed but FORCE STOP it so it does not hog resources while running DJI GO before 4 version ... and vice versa.

Nigel

You say you used it with P4 ..... You are aware that the P3 and P4 do NOT use same DJI Go ?

P3 and earlier Phantoms use DJi GO before 4 version .... and will not work with DJI GO .... as that is only for later 4 models.

I would suggest uninstalling your GO ... and then going back to Play Store and downloading DJI Go before 4 version ... start again.

If you still want to use a P4 and therefore need DJI GO (for the 4) - then leave it installed but FORCE STOP it so it does not hog resources while running DJI GO before 4 version ... and vice versa.

Nigel
Sorry I wasn't clear...I am using DJI Go with the P3P (not DJI Go 4). I meant to say I have been using the Samsun tablet with both drones but can't get it to work with the P3P using DJI Go. I was using DJI Go 4 with the P4P...sorry for the confusion!

The Full name of GO for the P3 ... is ''DJI GO BEFORE 4''

Nigel

AT, you've probably already tried this but, do you have debugging enabled on your device? If so, which debugging option did you select? It's a long shot, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

AT, you've probably already tried this but, do you have debugging enabled on your device? If so, which debugging option did you select? It's a long shot, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
I've tried debugging a number of times, just the usual debug option on the Samsung, didn't see any choices to choose.....
PS thanks for responding!

I've tried debugging a number of times, just the usual debug option on the Samsung, didn't see any choices to choose.....
PS thanks for responding!

Hmmm. Depending on the device, typically, there will be several different USB options (charging, MTP, PTP, midi, audio, ethernet) in a drop-down box when you turn debugging on. I hope you get that problem sorted out.

Last edited:
I'm having same problem but with an iPad Mini 2. Has anyone found a solution?

I had not flown my P3P in about a year, so I charged all the batteries and methodically upgraded (in this order): iPad Mini 2; DJI Go app; Remote Controller; and P3P aircraft. According to txt logs, the upgrades were successful.

But… DJI Go is now stuck on “How to Connect.”

RC status light is red. Aircraft’s back LEDs flash red-green-yellow. Link light on side of aircraft (beside the link button) blinks red and green.

Have tried:
  1. Deleting DJI Go app and reinstalling app on iPad Mini 2
  2. Restarting all devices, including iPad, multiple times
  3. Installing and trying fresh DJI GO app on different devices (iPhone X on iOS 11.3.1 and iPhone 4S on iOS 8.4.1)
  4. Several different RC to display device cables (that I know are good)
  5. Relinking aircraft with RC with link button on aircraft.
  6. (Saw this on an older forum post addressing this issue)… Pressing hamburger icon (top right, triple-line icon on How to Connect page} for 10-seconds and releasing to enter GL300 RC firmware download page. This black screen shows my Current Version 1.9.2 (even though I downloaded v1.9.3). The latest firmware download option on this page is 1.8.0, so I have NOT tried downloading this older version. (Should I)?
Nothing has worked. I’m still stuck on the “How to Connect” page. I’ve searched this forum, DjI support and Youtube, and tried everything suggested that I could find. Will be most grateful if anyone can help.

I am using:

Phantom 3 Professional
DJI Go app v3.1.34
RC firmware v1.9.2 (but I downloaded 1.9.3, this may be what got stuck?)
P3P firmware v1.11.20
iPad Mini 2 (iOS 11.3.1) Dedicated to DJI Go + CamRanger (remote control program for Nikon). This iPad is not used for anything else.
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4

I'm having same problem but with an iPad Mini 2. Has anyone found a solution?

I had not flown my P3P in about a year, so I charged all the batteries and methodically upgraded (in this order): iPad Mini 2; DJI Go app; Remote Controller; and P3P aircraft. According to txt logs, the upgrades were successful.

But… DJI Go is now stuck on “How to Connect.”

RC status light is red. Aircraft’s back LEDs flash red-green-yellow. Link light on side of aircraft (beside the link button) blinks red and green.

Have tried:
  1. Deleting DJI Go app and reinstalling app on iPad Mini 2
  2. Restarting all devices, including iPad, multiple times
  3. Installing and trying fresh DJI GO app on different devices (iPhone X on iOS 11.3.1 and iPhone 4S on iOS 8.4.1)
  4. Several different RC to display device cables (that I know are good)
  5. Relinking aircraft with RC with link button on aircraft.
  6. (Saw this on an older forum post addressing this issue)… Pressing hamburger icon (top right, triple-line icon on How to Connect page} for 10-seconds and releasing to enter GL300 RC firmware download page. This black screen shows my Current Version 1.9.2 (even though I downloaded v1.9.3). The latest firmware download option on this page is 1.8.0, so I have NOT tried downloading this older version. (Should I)?
Nothing has worked. I’m still stuck on the “How to Connect” page. I’ve searched this forum, DjI support and Youtube, and tried everything suggested that I could find. Will be most grateful if anyone can help.

I am using:

Phantom 3 Professional
DJI Go app v3.1.34
RC firmware v1.9.2 (but I downloaded 1.9.3, this may be what got stuck?)
P3P firmware v1.11.20
iPad Mini 2 (iOS 11.3.1) Dedicated to DJI Go + CamRanger (remote control program for Nikon). This iPad is not used for anything else.
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4
KC I'm the original poster for this thread and I never found a solution. On the DJI Forum the DJI Rep suggested I send the drone into DJI for an official check up...at my cost. So I've put it away and am now trying out a friends Mavic Pro. Its seems a real shame that we can't get a perfectly good drone to continue working and I'm still surprised no one out there has been able to solve this.......please let me know if you do ever solve this.

Sorry to hear that, ATPhoto. I was hoping you had found the magic elixir.

It’s Sunday, so I invested a few more hours trying to find a solution. Started all over from scratch, carefully following the DJI P3P firmware update instructions. Did this three times, but DJI Go was still stuck on “How to Connect.”

Last thing I knew to test was the memory card itself, so I went out and bought a brand new microSD card and tried to update one more time. Same result.

As a last resort, I tired downgrading to the 1.8.0 option the DJI Go app gave me when I pressed the hamburger icon for 12 seconds (see my action step no. 6 in my earlier post above). Got error message, “Download failed.” Tried again. Failed again.

DJI Go is still stuck on “How to Connect” page. I’m out of ideas.

It’s Sunday, so I invested a few more hours trying to find a solution. Started all over from scratch, carefully following the DJI P3P firmware update instructions. Did this three times, but DJI Go was still stuck on “How to Connect.”

Last thing I knew to test was the memory card itself, so I went out and bought a brand new microSD card and tried to update one more time. Same result.

As a last resort, I tired downgrading to the 1.8.0 option the DJI Go app gave me when I pressed the hamburger icon for 12 seconds (see my action step no. 6 in my earlier post above). Got error message, “Download failed.” Tried again. Failed again.

KC, you've certainly tried a lot harder than I did, and thanks for your efforts! When I saw a notification for this topic come through I was hopeful that you had solved it...alas, not to be. For what its worth, the Mavic Pro I'm testing out is pretty nice...quality of images is a big improvement, though not as good as the P4Pro. The portability is very nice, too.
My place is starting to look like a Phantom graveyard...I cashed my P4Pro a couple of months ago and that's why I was trying to get the old P3P back up in the air as I didn't want to get another P4P with all the talk of future new models. I think a Mavic Pro 2 with the P4Pro camera would be perfect!

KC...just one last thing I've thought of.....when I was flying the P3P a couple of years ago I was using a few years old Sony Xperia phone with no real problems. I'm just wondering if we need to go back to older technology and an older version of the Go App...

when I was flying the P3P a couple of years ago I was using a few years old Sony Xperia phone with no real problems. I'm just wondering if we need to go back to older technology and an older version of the Go App...

AT,
If it worked before as you indicated, it's sure worth a try now. Hope that provides a positive solution for you. Let us know how that goes.

SOMETHING WORKED!!!

I have tried so many remedies (many noted in my earlier post) that I’m not sure what led to what. However, by following these video instructions to manually link my aircraft with my RC, suddenly (after hours of frustration) my iPad Mini 2 showed the camera button on the How to Connect page. After linking, I clicked that camera view button, and I was back in business. All I had to do was recalibrate the compass and all was good again.

The poster on the video goes through a sequence of manual steps, I had not seen or read before. And for me, it worked.

AT, hope you and others also find it successful. Good luck!

Thank. You KC2000. Fixed my connection problem. Onward to solving blinking red and yellow status lights

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl