Can't get gimbal properly caliberated

Reaction score
Hi all, I can't seem to get my gimbal to properly caliberate. When I start an IMU caliberation, the camera moves around a little, and after I go through what seems to be a normal gimbal auto caliberation the camera still has a drift apparent in it, This amounts to a slowly tilting horizon in videos too. When I look the gimbal powered on, it seems to be tilted up on the right side on the roll axis by a few degrees (something that would be fixed in the app on the gimbal roll adjuster?)

What could be going on here? I had to put it down lightly the other day from about two feet as the wind was drifiting it pretty fast right after take off, and I don't think that did it, but I noticed the drift in my videos since then, so it must have been? The gimbal doesn't look damaged, is there any way to get it back to normal? Thanks

Try:
Get a spirit bubble level - a physical one and not app driven. Then make sure its levelled on all axis.
Another would be to find north on a compass. Point the camera north and do the calibration on a spirit levelled surface.

I'm having the same issue after the latest firmware update. Did an IMU Cal and Gimbal Cal and the horizon is still slightly off. On the previous firmwares the horizon was level.

I adjust the gimbal roll after I take off now. It's off about 1 degree.

I'm not advocating this but if you can't seem to get the gimbal level, try tilting the phantom to one side (raise one side of the landing gear) as to fudge the gimbal into a level calibration.

Tried using something to tilt it, didnt fix it. adjusting the gimbal roll by one degree evened it out. Then after that I tried to do another imu and then gimbal caliberation, but that only left me with an uneven horizon again, this time in the other direction. ><

I guess if I can adjust the roll to fix it that would be good for now. Is it normal for the camera and gimbal to have a very slight amount of drift around when sitting on a table inside?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic