Can't fly at field because you suck at it.

Reaction score
I can't find the thread but it had to do with people being denied flying at an AMA or club flying field because they couldn't fly well and may create a hazzard. This bothered me somewhat. I started flying rc planes in about 1989. First rc plane I got was from a customer's son that had wrecked it. I rebuilt it and flew it off my property. Needless to say I flew it and wrecked it a couple of times. My wife bought me an ARF trainer. I felt I needed some help.Joined the AMA, joined a local club and got some newbie training. I mastered that quickly and my next plane was a stunt biplane I built from sticks. I let a seasoned pilot test it out. Flew great. I quickly advanced to other aircraft which I built. At our field, we were always ready to help the new flyer. We would check his aircraft and test fly it. Then we would be by their side as they learned to fly.. We never turned anyone away. We helped them.
So when I hear of someone being turned away because they can't fly well, that bothers me. That is the reason most will join a club as a newb is to learn to learn....but to have others turn their back on you is just wrong. We were always willing to help and pay it forward. Maybe people are different now. We even ...after proving we were good enough. ..signed up to be instructers. I was one at our field. Everyone has to start at some point. To say you can't learn to fly here unless you already know how to fly is dumb.

It happens A LOT, unfortunately!
People are scared of change, I still get the cold stares, snubbed, and even put down once, while buying replacement parts at the local hobby, by older guys who fly fixed wings, or jets! I used to fly fixed wings, and gliders, and can even fly heli's, but they don't care, if I fly " DRONES " I'm NOT A REAL PILOT, or I'm some creepy spy or something?
Stupid, really,
I do it for one reason ONLY, because it is FUN!
Same reason I got into fixed wings, FUN!
I don't need recognition, or stature, or any of that crap! I fly because I like to, nothing else!
And like you guys/gals, I'm ALWAYS, willing, and GLAD to help out if I can!
Like stated above, we are or were ALL NEWBIES ONCE!

But remember, we only accept people with BLUE EYES, any other color shall be shunned! RETARDED!

I welcome ANYONE, who flies, no matter what that might be, and YES, even a flying pile of dog poo! We don't care! Lol

Take care, Fly PROUD!
J Dot

Reactions: daveleeds

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94