Can't connect to P2V+. Unsure why?

Reaction score
I am a new pilot and cannot figure out why I cannot connect to my Phantom2Vision+. I can fly calibrate and fly fine all day, Just cannot connect. Any help would be appreciated. No crashes and all cables look fine. Thx
thumbnail

What is it you can't connect to? Are you talking about connecting to the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8?
if so you need to disable the driver signature enforcement.

I
What is it you can't connect to? Are you talking about connecting to the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8?
if so you need to disable the driver signature enforcement.
I cannot connect to the DJI VISION APP to use the features. Although it looks like I may be connected at the home screen, but cannot see and live feed vids, pics, battery life, satellites, range, mph....etc.

You’re going to have to rebind your range extender to the phantom. There are plenty of YouTube videos on this,and it’s also in the manual. You might have to try this two or three times but it will work, providing your range extender is working. The RC controller and the range extender or two separate entities. If you’re able to fly and move camera up & down that just means that the RC is connected to the phantom. Your range extender is where you get the telemetry and live feed. You might want to check that your range extender is putting out a signal. To do this you need to perform a ping test. Also make sure your range extender is fully charged.

Reactions: HmoobLis
How to Bind the Camera & Range Extender
If the camera and range extender connection is lost, or one of them needs to be repaired or replaced,
a camera and range extender binding will need to be performed via the DJI VISION App.
upload_2018-3-29_18-44-51.png
1.Power on the camera and range extender. Note: (Place the camera power switch to the ’WIFION‘ position).
2.Approximately 30 seconds later, press the reset button on the range extender with a thin object until the Wi-Fi signal indicator turns off. The range extender will then restart automatically.
3.Approximately30 seconds later, the Wi-Fi signal indicator should start to blink green, which indicates the range extenders now ready to be bound.
4.Find and select the Phantom_1xxxxx via the Wi-Fi list on the mobile device to connect the range extender.
5.(Fig.1) Run the DJI VISION App->Settings->General->Binding. (Fig.2)Select’Scan the QR Code’ to scan the camera QR code on the product packaging. (Fig.3) Get the camera SSID
(E.g. FC200_0xxxxx) and the MAC address, select the check mark on the top right corner. The range extender should automatically restart. The binding procedure is now complete. Don't forge to check the check mark twice.
upload_2018-3-29_18-44-52.png
upload_2018-3-29_18-44-52.png
Caution
If both the camera and range extender are powered on and working normally, you will be able to find the SSID on the Wi-Fi list of the mobile device.
DO NOT push the reset button of the range extender unless you are ready to rebind the range extender and the camera! This will unbind your camera and you must follow the steps above to rebind.
The QR code is located on the packaging of the PHANTOM 2 VISION. If you cannot find the QR code, please contact DJI customer service to receive the QR code related to your camera’ serial number.

Last edited:
David,
I have followed your youtube video and instructions above. After doing all the above steps several times, end result is that I still cannot connect. I have tried this on two different cell phones with same results.

So,
Here's what I am noticing.
-After I reset the range extender, I can see the phantom on the list of my wifi.
I connect to the phantom.
-Next I go through the binding steps...adding the mac address. All is well there.
-I never get the confirmation of "Binding successful" though, and reverts me back to the previous screen.
-I go to the Home screen on my app, and it is no longer connected to the phantom.
-I go look at the list of wifi and the phantom has dissappeared, and my App is connected to my home wifi now.

I have done this about 20 times now. I'm getting pretty good at it, but sad it's not working.
My next step is to try to ping the individual components, is that even necessary??.

Are both lights on the extender working? The one on the right side should be on continuously. The one on the left should blink after about 15 to 30 seconds.. I'm not sure if your not connected that the ping test will work. I've never tried to do a ping test when it wasn't connected. Did you check the check box twice? After doing this you need to recycle everything. Turn everything off, then reboot. Did you try to enter the number manually? Its on the bottom of the Phantom (60601FXXXXXX). You only need to use the last six numbers. If your getting a signal then it should work.

Last edited:
If you can, put a small fan on the phantom while you do this. It will keep the wifi module cool. You don't want to burn it out while trying to connect it. It's not a good idea to have the phantom on long periods of time without air circulating.

If you can, put a small fan on the phantom while you do this. It will keep the wifi module cool. You don't want to burn it out while trying to connect it. It's not a good idea to have the phantom on long periods of time without air circulating.
Ok

Are both lights on the extender working? The one on the right side should be on continuously. The one on the left should blink after about 15 to 30 seconds.. I'm not sure if your not connected that the ping test will work. I've never tried to do a ping test when it wasn't connected. Did you check the check box twice? After doing this you need to recycle everything. Turn everything off, then reboot. Did you try to enter the number manually? Its on the bottom of the Phantom (60601FXXXXXX). You only need to use the last six numbers. If your getting a signal then it should work.
Both lights are working. I did check the blue box twice and entered my Mac address manually. That was my only option. My camera couldn't read my q sticker. I'm going to recharge everything and try again later. Maybe a full charge might make a difference. And yes I hv restarted the systems after the binding.

Is the Wi-Fi module inside the drone?

You might try turning off your home wifi, while trying to bind the phantom. I've never had to, but it might be overpowering the phantom wifi. Just a stab in the dark.

Bad news. I was bored today and decided to go fly my drone. It was pretty windy and my phantom clipped my neighbors mailbox. Now, my camera flex cable has ripped and camera may be bad. It fell off the rotating axis. I was able to push the camera back on, but will have to see how things work after I replace the broken flex cable.
I'm so mad at myself......

I keep having this problem too, unable to bind to the DJI app, I reset the wifi extender then I go to bind on the app, scan the QR code (also entered in manually on other attempts) it confirms it then it unbinds it again and the MAC and SSID are blank again. What gives?!

When you do your binding, there’s a checkbox in the upper right corner. Are you checking this twice? If you don’t I won’t bind. Try that. Good luck.

When you do your binding, there’s a checkbox in the upper right corner. Are you checking this twice? If you don’t I won’t bind. Try that. Good luck.
Yeah 100% tap the the tick and it reverts the settings back to nothing. It's like it accepts it then goes back to blank. I go to the camera then it says unable to connect to phantom

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4