cant connect to app

now the craft is flashing rapid yellow....not sure what that code is

i just downloaded the current dji go app

Are you not sure what FW u have because you cannot open the go app to get the camera view? Try holding down the little graduation cap in the right-hand corner of the how to connect screen, if you hold it for about 5 to 10 seconds screen pops up tells u (I think) what FW your using..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Are you not sure what FW u have because you cannot open the go app to get the camera view? Try holding down the little graduation cap in the right-hand corner of the how to connect screen, if you hold it for about 5 to 10 seconds screen pops up tells u (I think) what FW your using..

Correction: it looks like on your how to connect page 3 little lines in the top right-hand corner..

it says equipment n/a
firmware version n/a

it says equipment n/a
firmware version n/a

Do u have AC/TX both turned on? if not you need to be on at the same time. If you just trying on your phone or tablet it won't show up until of the AC /TX are both on and you have your USB cable connected..

yes i am...now i'm getting rapid flashing yellow lights...i gather that means the remote isnt communicating with the craft...maybe i need to link the remote to the craft but i don't know how to do that without the app

it has a setting for the usb connection...should it be on media device (mtp) or camera (ptp)?
Set it for MTP before you do anything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
yes i am...now i'm getting rapid flashing yellow lights...i gather that means the remote isnt communicating with the craft...maybe i need to link the remote to the craft but i don't know how to do that without the app
Try this to bind the AC to TX.

[How To Manually Bind]-Adv/Pro AirCraft
This is Very Good info to store in your memory if you have any room for it. I'll be leaving this particular forum from being a daily participant. So I would like to add a few things while I'm packing.

Hard Reset instructions, if needed, are close to the same as Binding:
With the RC OFF, hold down C1, C2, Video Record, and the Camera Settings Dial.
With those 4 buttons pressed down, power up the RC and that should set it back to factory settings.
Start up the Dji GOapp and if your RC is a GL300B it will instruct to continue update through the GOapp.
If your RC is a GL300A at this point will Not update through the GOapp, so download firmware 1.3 by putting the BIN file onto a formatted microSD card and place in the USB port on the RC.
Instructions are in the PDF file on the 1.3 download file.
You should then be able to update the RC through the app to 1.5.7
http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?posts/1041527/

Oso, do u have any idea what the rapidly flashing yellow light mean?

Here's a note about both fast and slow for anyone else who reads the thread -

Yellow Lights-
> If the yellow lights are blinking slowly, check to see if the flight mode switch on your RC is set to A. If it is, move it to P. Did that change the yellow lights? Are you indoors or outdoors? If you're indoors (no GPS) then try it outside. Is the green led lit in your RC when both the RC and the AC are turned on?
> If the yellow lights are blinking fast and you have a red led lit on your RC, it usually means you need to link your RC and AC.

Before anything else however, he should set the USB for his Android device to MTP and try to connect again. We can go from there.

Reactions: JoBe and healer81

Yellow Lights-
> If the yellow lights are blinking slowly, check to see if the flight mode switch on your RC is set to A. If it is, move it to P. Did that change the yellow lights? Are you indoors or outdoors? If you're indoors (no GPS) then try it outside. Is the green led lit in your RC when both the RC and the AC are turned on?
> If the yellow lights are blinking fast and you have a red led lit on your RC, it usually means you need to link your RC and AC.

Before anything else however, he should set the USB for his Android device to MTP and try to connect again. We can go from there.

Thanks Oso. Hope this helps u out auag...

Yellow Lights-

i used a friends iphone and got it to connect to the app..it said the rc needed updated so i clicked and started the download...it only went to 96% and would not go any further...i went back to camera screen..it said.. remote controller requires upgrade.. current remote controller not support dji go firmware update...download firmware v1.3.20 by using usb at http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download/. ...htis is an update for the inspire...will it work on my quad ?

No other firmware is appropriate for the advanced phantom. You're seriously lost in a quagmire. Do you even know what rev the phantom firmware is on at this point? You need to know that before you proceed with any update, be it the phantom or the rc. The glimmer of hope is that you have an iPhone which is letting you into the phantom. Next time, take note of what the phantom firmware is on and post here what that is before you do anything else. If the phantom is on a very old firmware rev, you'll need to update it to a certain rev before moving on to the most current firmware. I belive that is 1.5, but I can't remember for sure. But at this point you need to get the phantom updated properly, without the rc on during that process. Once that is done successfully, update the rc though the app on a solid home wifi network and without the phantom on during that process. Once that is done, remove the sd card with the firmware from the phantom. Since the version of the dji app is probably current on the iPhone, start up the whole system now and see how it is. If all looks good there is one last thing to do- a firmware update for your battery(s). Turn every off. Reinstall the sd card with the firmware on it and turn only the phantom on and the battery will update. It'll take a minute. Once done, repeat the process for any additional batteries. Once all is updated, reformat the sd card so it's clean. If all looks good, the only left to do is, if I followed you correctly, delete the dji app and update your own device to the newest dji go app too. Hopefully this works. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94