Canadian RPAS Basic Pilot Certificate

Reaction score
I completed and passed the Canadian RPAS Basic Pilot Certificate exam this afternoon. You are allowed 90 minutes to answer 35 questions with a passing mark at 65%. I am new to the hobby - less than a year; and old - 70. But after a lot of digging, making notes and studying, I passed with 82%.

Very happy.

Congratulations!!! I still need to do my basic test.

Congratulations, I passed the FAA Remote pilot test myself, if I had not been studying for my private pilots test I doubt I would have passed. Mostly the same test with a few drone questions.

Reactions: Larry70 and sarniac
I completed and passed the Canadian RPAS Basic Pilot Certificate exam this afternoon. You are allowed 90 minutes to answer 35 questions with a passing mark at 65%. I am new to the hobby - less than a year; and old - 70. But after a lot of digging, making notes and studying, I passed with 82%.

Very happy.

What study materials did you use?

Very happy.
Congratulations ! I have yet to do that myself. I am your age , 70, and have done a number of studies and exams over the years since I retired. All is rewarding! This drone licence is another hurdle and I look forward to the challenge. Where in Canada do you reside? I am in the Fraser Valley.
Larry.

Congratulations ! I have yet to do that myself. I am your age , 70, and have done a number of studies and exams over the years since I retired. All is rewarding! This drone licence is another hurdle and I look forward to the challenge. Where in Canada do you reside? I am in the Fraser Valley.
Larry.
I'm in Windsor, Ontario. I also find learning about new things is rewarding. I belong to a Flying Club and can fly there but wanted to see if I could still take and pass an exam. Good luck if you decide to pursue.

I passed last weekend. I found Don Joyce's video very helpful.

I do confess to being baffled by some of the questions. Did you cover Catapult Theory in your ground school? I gota question on catapult launchers wrong and they told me to review Catapult Theory but I can't find any references to it.

Reactions: sarniac
I passed last weekend. I found Don Joyce's video very helpful.

I do confess to being baffled by some of the questions. Did you cover Catapult Theory in your ground school? I gota question on catapult launchers wrong and they told me to review Catapult Theory but I can't find any references to it.
Congratulations Robert on passing the test. I too found some of the questions odd - was expecting more 'flying a quad' type questions.

I too took the basic test this past Saturday and passed. I reviewed all of the new rules and all of the relevant sections in the CARs document, but I also found some of the questions odd and not really directly relevant to flying a drone. I was also expecting more questions directly related to flying a drone. Regardless, I feel relieved to have passed, get my certificate and register my two drones (P3S and Spark).

I am still deciding whether or not to register my very first drone - a Syma X8G which weighs 1600g, doesn't have GPS, and is completely manual. I don't fly it that often anymore, but if I want to, I will have to register it. In the past I would take it out every once and awhile and fly it to keep my Atti mode skills in check and to just have fun flying a drone that was the same size and shape as my Phantom.

Chris

Reactions: sarniac

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20