Canadian Drone Operator's Certification Exams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

As of June 1st, this year, Canadian drone pilots will have to have their aircraft registered as well as hold a Drone Operator's Certificate.
In order to obtain a drone pilot certificate, you must go on the Transport Canada website and follow the links to the drone management portal.

There are 2 levels of certification:

Basic and Advanced

Yesterday, I took the Basic exam and successfully passed. You have 90 minutes to complete 35 multiple choice questions covering areas like propulsion systems, communication,weather, regulations, and flight planning.
I would absolutely advise Phantom pilots out there to study for this exam. The pass mark is 65% and, with just 35 questions, it doesn't take many incorrect answers for you to be close to the wire.
I found at least a half dozen questions vaguely worded and others offered possible answers in which 2 of the 4 options were acceptable.
My advice would be to answer the questions you absolutely know first and leave the ones you need to think about until later. You can go back and revisit the unanswered questions later so long as you remain within the 90 minute time allotment.
Today, I am writing the Advanced Operator's Certificate exam. It is quite a bit more challenging. You have one hour to complete 50 multiple choice questions and the pass mark is 80%.
With roughly one minute to answer each question, there isn't much time to think about things.........you have to know your stuff.

As it should be.

Good luck to everyone on these exams. :)

Posted here. Links for new Canadian rules effective June 1st 2019
Please search before you craft your thread.
Thanks.

IMG_8138.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl