Canadian going to Blaine Wa

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a Canadian going to Blaine, Washington tomorrow and I wanted to do a bit of filming while I was there. Anyone know the regulations for flying around there and if I'm allowed? I'm flying a P3P and it's just for personal use not commercial.

You should be allowed if it's not a public place or NFZ.

If you are flying then check airlines restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I called the police station. At this time they have no regulations or FAA guidelines for the area. One person who lives there is apparently a nuisance so they said it would be best to check in to let them know I'll be flying so I don't get lumped in with that idiot.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

You cannot fly a drone in US airspace legally now if it is over 0.55lb without it being registered with the FAA. We have to put our registration number on the drone to be legal. This is mandatory even "just for fun, or hobby."

Interesting since the Police had no idea either.

The police probably don't know. They're not in control of the airspace - that's the FAA's area. The penalty is likely a fine, perhaps losing your drone and possibly not being allowed back into the country. I wouldn't chance it. If you're curious and want more information just google 14 CFR Part 48 for registering unmanned aircraft in the USA. If you read through it completely, I believe you will likely get all the info you need.

Also check here: sUAS Registration

Last edited:
The police probably don't know. They're not in control of the airspace - that's the FAA's area. The penalty is likely a fine, perhaps losing your drone and possibly not being allowed back into the country. I wouldn't chance it. If you're curious and want more information just google 14 CFR Part 48 for registering unmanned aircraft in the USA. If you read through it completely, I believe you will likely get all the info you need.

Also check here: sUAS Registration

I tried to register my drone in the states but they told me I have to be a US citizen

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20