Canadian drone rules change ...

Yes they did but they have been revised, the most current revision is rev8 dated July 01. Tomorrow I will be participating in a public consultation with Transport Canada in regards to any permanent legislative drafts.

If anything significant comes out of the meeting, I will post on here.

Some of things that I will be bringing up will be altitude being raised to 400ft to match international standards, the proposed mandatory liability insurance, licensing and knowledge testing.

If anyone has some they want me to add plz respond ASAP as the meeting is tomorrow.

Thx

Ok..having been at the consultation today, if what they are proposing is actually en-acted then I have to say "the sky is NOT falling". The proposed rules/legislation is actually very reasonable for those who want to fly. The people that give us a bad name and want to be a "cowboy" may not like them.

Guidelines will be broken down on two separate areas, how big is the drone and where do you want to fly. It is a risk based guideline that is some ways actually makes some flying much easier than the current situation.

I am hoping that what they propose is enacted as they layed out. Planned implementation is early to mid 2018.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4