Canada Day 150 Fireworks 2017 by DJI Phantom 4K HD

Beautiful but surprised that your drone still alive... You flew too closely to the fireworks.

Nice video, congratulations on the 150th anniversary. We had our Northern Territory anniversary yesterday over here and had in excess of 400 spot fires, one child lost his eye and another had serious hand injuries. No drone footage but some serious explosions filmed from ground level. I guess we do it differently......

I was there and saw the drone during the fireworks. I HIGHLY doubt this was being done legally. It's people like this that are going to ruin it for everyone. This was unsafe period. There were 50K people there, the drone could have easily been hit and then fallen into the crowd. Also, even though it's not shown in this video, the drone was hovering directly over the crowd for a long time. I wish people would take flying and safety seriously.

Some laws that were broken:
-Flying at Night
-Flying Over people
-Flying in Class D controlled airspace
-Flying near fireworks display
-Flying within 3NM of an aerodrome
-Flying closer than 75m to busy roads/private property
-Posting video on YouTube makes it "commercial" according to Transport Canada and therefore requires SFOC.

I hope that this person gets caught and fined. I wish that people would consider how unsafe this **** is. Just search this forum! How many people have had their drones fly away? It's not as reliable as people seem to think.

I was there and saw the drone during the fireworks. I HIGHLY doubt this was being done legally. It's people like this that are going to ruin it for everyone. This was unsafe period. There were 50K people there, the drone could have easily been hit and then fallen into the crowd. Also, even though it's not shown in this video, the drone was hovering directly over the crowd for a long time. I wish people would take flying and safety seriously.

Some laws that were broken:
-Flying at Night
-Flying Over people
-Flying in Class D controlled airspace
-Flying near fireworks display
-Flying within 3NM of an aerodrome
-Flying closer than 75m to busy roads/private property
-Posting video on YouTube makes it "commercial" according to Transport Canada and therefore requires SFOC.

I hope that this person gets caught and fined. I wish that people would consider how unsafe this **** is. Just search this forum! How many people have had their drones fly away? It's not as reliable as people seem to think.
What promotes it is to get the best pictures , you have to take chances. His video is good. He. Gets the atta boys. It's the same in the professional world.

Really? You think that you HAVE to take unnecessary risks with the safety of people who haven't consented so some random person can get some pretty pictures? I think you're wrong. And I think you would agree with me if someone you care about got hurt.

I was going to film ours but weather was not the best. I never would have gotten that close. I'd be miles away. I can see them fairly well from my home. I agree with @DroneBees, laws were broken. But if you think about it some of transport Canada's laws are ridiculous but still dosen't mean we can break them. As long as you had promission and know what you are doing I would say you would be fine. Somethings could have been done differently and laws followed but that's just my opinion.

Video was dark to see below terrain but it looked like he was flying over water. Drone might have flown over crowds at one point but the footage appears to be over water near and above the boat fireworks were shooting from. Great footage.

Video was dark to see below terrain but it looked like he was flying over water. Drone might have flown over crowds at one point but the footage appears to be over water near and above the boat fireworks were shooting from. Great footage.
Agree. I seen a boat down below too with fireworks coming off of it, not the ground.

It's people that fly over crowds at night during fireworks and near airports (without proper communication with said airport) that are the reason TC needs to have such strict laws. There are definitely those of us that have the common sense to fly safely regardless of what the law says, but I don't find the latest revision to recreational laws to be that ridiculous. (Just updated last week if you hadn't seen: Flying your drone safely and legally - Transport Canada)

I was there, they were flying over the crowd after the fireworks were over.

Really? You think that you HAVE to take unnecessary risks with the safety of people who haven't consented so some random person can get some pretty pictures? I think you're wrong. And I think you would agree with me if someone you care about got hurt.
Think I'm wrong, that is your prerogative. I did not say I didn't agree with you. I was saying that is the way the world is today, where you like it or not. It's like poparahie ( don't know how to spell it) who gets the photo of the famous person, gets the money. They have to be aggressive and maybe break a few laws. I saw a very beautiful night video of Miami. It was at night and over lots of people. Even DJI sells promotional videos, many are what they tell us not to do. I can't even talk about people who made it rich by breaking the rules or they might break me. Ideology and the real world are two different things.

There might be water all around but the pyro guys are on that boat (barge) and its not cool to fly over then with the chance your bird could hit them if shot down. Your out filming for fun and they are tiring to put food on the table and pay the bills at home. Not cool if you ask me

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl