Can you use old school air plane rc on a phantom?

Reaction score
Hi, I am a newbie looking to get into the hobby. I see a some folks are upgrading to 8 or 16 channel Futaba controllers. I have a "never used" Futaba FP-T8UAP PCM1024 72mhz radio and receiver that is about 12 years old that has been collecting dust.

So before I throw it on EBay to raise money for the drone fund. Is possible to adapt it to the phantom, and if so does it even make sense.

Thanks.

OI Photography said:
It won't work with a P2 even if you do have the receiver with the Tx, the P2 requires S-bus output.

Is that just the 'Phantom' version of the Naza?

I know the standard version supports 'traditional' receivers in fact the Naza ports are marked A, E, T, R, etc.

In any case s-Bus converters are available if the OP wishes.

N017RW said:
OI Photography said:
It won't work with a P2 even if you do have the receiver with the Tx, the P2 requires S-bus output.

Is that just the 'Phantom' version of the Naza?

I know the standard version supports 'traditional' receivers in fact the Naza ports are marked A, E, T, R, etc.

In any case s-Bus converters are available if the OP wishes.

Correct, the regular NAZA v1/v2 in P1's can use Traditional/PPM/S-bus, for some reason they locked the others out in the P2-specific firmware.

Good point on the converters, I knew you could convert S-bus to C/PPM but I didn't know it could be done in reverse :)

OK cool it can be done with either the early version of the naza or with the s-bus converter.

Thanks for the info. Next question would you loose range?

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl