Can you charge a battery and the Controller together?

Reaction score
If you have the higher capacity charger of the P3P, can you charge a battery and the controller simultaneously?

Last edited:
They are advised not to charge at the same time, although I know "Demunseed" the youtuber charges them at the same time with no issues.

It would have been nice if the controller used something like a micro USB for charging so that you wouldn't have this bottleneck. God knows we all have plenty of devices that use micro USB for charging.

I've been doing it. The manual advises against it because the charging brick can over heat. I just set it on an ice pack with a thin towel between the two to prevent any condensation from building up on the brick. Stays nice and cool that way.

Reactions: Wilson Turner
I've been doing it. The manual advises against it because the charging brick can over heat. I just set it on an ice pack with a thin towel between the two to prevent any condensation from building up on the brick. Stays nice and cool that way.

Nice! I will have to try this.

Edit: The P2 isn't as nice as the P3. But with an after market charger I can do the wireless extender, 3 batteries and the Tx simultaneously.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmosMoses
I did some calculations. My numbers are rounded off.
Flightbattery 4500mAh, 15,2V, 1 hour charging time that means 4,5x15,2= 68w/hour.
Tx-battery 6000mAh, 7,6V, 3 hours charging time. that means 6/3x7,6=15w/hour.
That means if you charges both you get an extra 22% of load/heatdevelopment instead of charging the flight battery alone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.