Can the P3 Look up ?

Reaction score
How far does the P3's camera rotate from down to up? (-90 to 0 degrees?)
We want to use a multi copter for inspections, some of which will be under bridges.
How far can I look up with the P3?
Is there a hack to look up farther if it currently only looks straight ahead? (which I would consider 0 degrees).
I realize at some angle the P3 itself will come into view, but that doesn't bother me at the moment.
Thanks

From horizontal or straight ahead: -90 (straight down) to +30 degrees.

Wrong tool for that job, seems like...I think there are other drones on the market that have a top-mounted camera, but probably more pricey...

From horizontal or straight ahead: -90 (straight down) to +30 degrees.

Thanks, but I'm not sure what you mean by +30 degrees. Do you mean it will look up 30 degrees from horizontal? If so, that would be enough for what we want, I think.
Another question... will it look straight down? Or is that what you mean by -90 ?

Yes, yes, yes,

Selotape a Gopro on the top which looks upwards!

I was sure someone would suggest flying upside down!
Well, I was ready to design a 3D printable attachment to snap to the landing gear which would hold two mirrors so when looking straight ahead, it would see straight up. But, I think 30 degree up from horizontal along with it's 90 degree field of view should suffice for looking at the bottoms of things.
I may design my mirror attachment anyway....
Thanks for all the quick replies!

Settings- gimbal Parma settings- advanced, then u will be able turn on the option to go 30 degrees up. This would need to be turned on every time u go to fly.

Reactions: Lyle Hardin
You can set the gimbal to look up to 15 degrees, above horizon. It's a setting within the app under the gimbal.

You can set it on this screen:

image.jpg

Even though the setting says the limit is 15 degrees up, it actually does 30. I don't know what happens in actual flight though with the gimbal set at its limit. I doubt it would be stable in the pitch direction.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 329
Settings- gimbal Parma settings- advanced, then u will be able turn on the option to go 30 degrees up. This would need to be turned on every time u go to fly.
Mine has stayed able to look up (a bit) since being turned on.
It might forget the setting after firmware updates.

The start of this is fully up, you can see the motors easily enough
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can set the gimbal to look up to 15 degrees, above horizon. It's a setting within the app under the gimbal.

Yes the manual says 30 degrees, but I can only see in the app where you can make it 15. Can someone confirm the 30 and how you enable it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic