Can the P3 Look up ?

Mine has stayed able to look up (a bit) since being turned on.
It might forget the setting after firmware updates.

The start of this is fully up, you can see the motors easily enough
Thanks! Great videos by the way and beautiful land. I checked out the silage films too. Made me homesick for my old farm! Where is the farm in the videos? Not nosy, just curious.

Flying under a bridge would pretty much block the GPS signal as well.
Fly in ATTI when under a bridge. I have done it, but I can't actually remember if I was in GPS or ATTI. I will check my flight logs later. GPS covers the whole sky, so I think just when something is REALLY close to the P3 it will block the signal (which is surprising that the GPS receiver isn't very sensitive).

Agree on GPS signal. I've flown under a parking garage with heavy cement and rebar and still receive intermittent lock. If GPS stops under bridge, no biggie as long as you have control. The only downside I see is when the GPS kicks in and out you have some sporadic braking going on as it locks in but again, no biggie unless trying to attain smooth graceful footage.

You probably noticed that you can get lock in your house too.

Fly in ATTI when under a bridge. I have done it, but I can't actually remember if I was in GPS or ATTI. I will check my flight logs later. GPS covers the whole sky, so I think just when something is REALLY close to the P3 it will block the signal (which is surprising that the GPS receiver isn't very sensitive).
It will switch to ATTI automatically when Sat lock drops below 8 Sat's. Might get a little braking action as it goes in/out but no big deal unless your following a train or river and need smooth video.

Got my P3 a couple weeks ago. Realize the gimbal will allow the camera to 'look up', but only when the P3 is tilted forward while flying forward. The gimbal is tilting 'up' to keep it looking horizontal.
I've not found a way to get it to look up while I'm hovering still. I bet it can be done with the SDK. Am I missing something? Is there a way out of the box to get the camera to look up while hovering?
---- Edit ---
My bad. DadCat answered me near the beginning of this thread. There is a seeting for Gimbal Pitch Limit 30 degree extensible you can turn on. Perfect! Thanks.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj