Can the FAA track your drone and match to you?

This topic is about what the FAA is supposedly doing not DJI.
My bad. You sounded so definitive about what is and is not possible for the drone that I assumed you must be intimately familiar with the system capabilities. Sorry about that.

My bad. You sounded so definitive about what is and is not possible for the drone that I assumed you must be intimately familiar with the system capabilities. Sorry about that.

I never said it was not possible. However if you want to believe that the FAA are sending out staff to follow people around spying on their drone flights be my guest. You can explain how you think the FAA are going to know where someone is going to fly. Maybe they have some Xmen that can read people's minds.

That's anyone with the proper equipment who just happens to be close enough to where you are flying at the time you are flying and suspecting that there's going to be some activity that they need to monitor.
And that's no-one.

Brian BB has us all under observation. :)

Anyone who scoffs at the idea the gov't doesn't have the capability to easily get your flying information is choosing to deny reality. Are hobby drones a high enough threat priority to do it at this time? Doubtful. Nonetheless, we have no real idea how much information is transmitted to DJI via the GO app via the internet. The only protection you have is if you never connect to the internet and I doubt there are many who don't. Once this data is on the net, the NSA has the means and capability to intercept and store it. That's what the giant facility in Utah is all about. Furthermore, we have no idea what leverage they have over DJI. Every major tech company has played with the NSA. Google, Apple, Microsoft, et al. Some even allowed them to tap into their systems for real time retrieval. The big key is once a foreign entity is involved, the US gov't has the authority to collect, analyze and use the information. The capability is there and in all likelihood will be used to do just the kind of things we fear: real time tracking of when, where and how we fly. Instant feedback to the FAA and enforcement -- all ultimately done with technology that we love and embrace.

-- zigs

I never said it was not possible.
Of course you did. All your posts on this thread have been to ridicule the guy who simply told about something that happened to him. I've made my position clear above, I don't need to repeat it at length. Black helicopter paranoia is silly, but many people in this thread, including you, have made comments about what DJI is collecting, transmitting, and storing, that are simply false. Go spend two years of app development wrestling with the DJI SDK and then come back and we'll talk.

Of course you did. All your posts on this thread have been to ridicule the guy who simply told about something that happened to him. I've made my position clear above, I don't need to repeat it at length. Black helicopter paranoia is silly, but many people in this thread, including you, have made comments about what DJI is collecting, transmitting, and storing, that are simply false. Go spend two years of app development wrestling with the DJI SDK and then come back and we'll talk.

What I said was that I do not believe that the FAA are suddenly sending out people to track your drones. They can look at peoples FB posts, youtube and other sources. However you can keep on claiming that the FAA is out there with people scanning for scanning drones to see where they fly if you like.

Since the FAA has all registration numbers in their system, they can certainly find out who the registration number belongs to if they find it on a drone.

The FAA has never had my registration number in their system. Or did you mean they have the numbers that people who did register supplied?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj