Can Section 333 exempted pilots fly without airspace waivers?

I didn't think any of the pre-107 333 Exemptions were still valid. They quit renewing the "normal" ones to let them expire because most things would be covered under P107.

333 Exemptions are still "Valid" for certain instances (Motion Picture Industry etc) but I think we've all been migrated to P107 over the last 20 or so months.

I think your Section 333 will explain your airspace allowances and if it's still valid those criteria are still valid and "legal". Mine did state I had to contact ATC prior to flight and get approval so that might be a sticking point now.

Thanks Al

Im trying to bid a job and the client wants a 333 pilot. I guess the job requires a waiver. It would have been easier to list the job as needing a waiver vs. needing a 333. Anyway, thanks for the quick reply

My 333 also required me to contact ATC.

Im trying to bid a job and the client wants a 333 pilot.

Consider that the requester is not up to date on 333 vs 107. Namely that 333's (AFAIK) are not going to be renewed?

Maybe the reason for requesting a 333 is their thinking is that will get them a non-"remote pilot", i.e. someone that has more training in airspace and big iron knowledge rules. If you have been flying via 333 (and have gotten your 107 rating) then you are one of them and can include that in your proposal.

Soon there will be no 333 ‘pilots’.

Inform the client of the change in FAA policy going forward.

Soon there will be no 333 ‘pilots’.

Inform the client of the change in FAA policy going forward.

Just keep in mind that Section 333 is still a "valid thing" but not for the "run of the mill" sUAS operations. Section 333 is for sUAS and Manned aircraft and in terms of doing things that Part 107 doesn't allow for then you still have the Section 333 option. They did quit renewing them for "most" normal sUAS operations in lieu of Part 107.

I hope that makes sense LOL.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj