Can one set way points using lat lon?

Reaction score
I would like my DJI 4 to go to a specific spot so I can take videos. I would like to do it at say 100 feet, 200 feet and 250. Can a user store a lat lon and have the drone return to that position.

Also, is there a way to have the altitude at which a photo was taken be stored with the other metadata for the picture?

I would like my DJI 4 to go to a specific spot so I can take videos. I would like to do it at say 100 feet, 200 feet and 250. Can a user store a lat lon and have the drone return to that position.
That's a simple task with Litchi.
You can easily set one point (or more), save it as a mission and have the Phantom fly to that point whenever you want to.

Also, is there a way to have the altitude at which a photo was taken be stored with the other metadata for the picture?
DJI does store the drone's altitude in the metadata for each image.
But because of the strange way that DJI calculate the altitude (only for image metadata) the numbers can be very inaccurate.
i-MqRGc68-L.jpg

The number you want is also saved, but it's buried a little deeper in the metadata.
Most Exif data viewers will only show the Absolute Altitude (that's the inaccurate number).
Some will also show the Relative Altitude, which is the altitude you see on your controller when flying.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Thanks for the knowledgeable and quick response. I am new and not sure what Litchi is. Please help. Can you point me t some documentation? Thanks again.

That's great information from Meta4, and Litchi is an app I've looked into but haven't purchased yet. One other means of finding out the hidden metadata is using an online site called exifinfo.org. You simply upload the image you want it to read, and it will return a page full of information, probably more than you're really interested in. Relative Altitude is in the list.

Before u go purchasing anything if you are android user you can get litchi for free I see this all the time people paying for apps when you dont need to. Its 100% legal and there is nothing they can do to prevent it.

So, to be clear, one cannot fly to a spot and tell the software to remember the lat/lon with the basic software that the P4 comes with?

How can the Litchi software be free where it shows $24.99 at the Google Play site?

So, to be clear, one cannot fly to a spot and tell the software to remember the lat/lon with the basic software that the P4 comes with?
That's correct
How can the Litchi software be free where it shows $24.99 at the Google Play site?
He was giving you bad advice.

I so appreciate the insights that you provide. Another remedial question: Does one use the Litchi software in conjunction with the DJI app or instead of?

I so appreciate the insights that you provide. Another remedial question: Does one use the Litchi software in conjunction with the DJI app or instead of?
You use Litchi instead of the DJI app. I would still keep the DJI app because there are a few settings that can only be changed in the DJI app. You should also only have the app you fly with active.

I use Litchi almost exclusively with my P3S since it provides many features DJI GO doesn’t. I still have GO but it is not active when using Litchi.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Reactions: umanbean
Yes you can with the Waypoint feature within the DJI GO4 app.
Pages 67 & 68 in the user manual.
In youtube search for "phantom 4 waypoints tutorial".

I went to DJI website, and could not find a User Manual for the DJIGO4 app. I also looked for a user manual for the Osmo pocket and could not find one.
Anybody have a link to these that I can download? Not to a youtube video, but the actual manual.
Thanks in advance.

I went to DJI website, and could not find a User Manual for the DJIGO4 app. I also looked for a user manual for the Osmo pocket and could not find one.
Anybody have a link to these that I can download? Not to a youtube video, but the actual manual.
Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I had found this before , I was looking for a printed handbook, user guide, manual, etc.
thanks for your response

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.