Can not record with my p3 4k

Reaction score
Good Day,

i need some help with my phantom 3 4k i'm unable to click record or even switch to take photo, not sure if i'm the only person with this problem. i have been checking the internet to find a solution for this problem but is still unable to.

i have tried reinstalling the software, When i start the drone with the software on the memory it just beep once and nothing else; i found out yesterday about the difference between the P3 4k & P3P.

Please can someone help to give me some ideas as how i can proceed in fixing this issue, If a video is need to show the problem i'm having please let me know.

You say software. Do you mean firmware?
I'd be looking at the app on your phone/tablet first as being the culprit.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You say software. Do you mean firmware?
I'd be looking at the app on your phone/tablet first as being the culprit.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

yes i meaning firmware sorry for the wrong info, the camera setting is in manual mode and i'm unable to change it; i cant even change the shutter with the roll button.

because of this i cant see anything at nights and i have to hold the P3 4k and turn the camera to a light bulb to see that it is on and working, not able to see street light or building light. the person i buy this P3 4k from was saying he had leave the P4 memory card in it with the firmware on it; Could this also be a reason and i would need to change the complete gimbal to resolve? Because i was thinking i could just downgrade or even run over the correct firmware...

If you plug the USB cable (micro) into the gimbal and connect it to your computer, can you access the sd card? Have you tried re-initializing it from within DJI Go?

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Sorry I didn't list all the steps in the previous post:

- connect USB to gimbal
- connect other side to USB port
- power on phantom (no props)
- no need to power on remote or bind to wifi

Hope it helps.

Sorry I didn't list all the steps in the previous post:

- connect USB to gimbal
- connect other side to USB port
- power on phantom (no props)
- no need to power on remote or bind to wifi

Hope it helps.

Yes I can connect to the gimbal and it show the sd card and I enter the card.... how do I do a re-initial in the app

This is a video of the problem i'm having with my P3 4k.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am using DJI GO on IOS. You should be able to reinitialize the SD Card from the settings menu, lower left corner in your video.

i'm using DJI GO on Android, If it's not too much trouble can u do a sample clip showing me how to do reinitialize of the sd card?

i'm using DJI GO on Android, If it's not too much trouble can u do a sample clip showing me how to do reinitialize of the sd card?
Welcome to the Forum.

I got your pm, most people are not going to watch 20 min video. I won't and 99% of the time I have speakers turned off.

I will look at all your posts again, I had already look through them, I'm not sure what is going on, I have no knowledge on a 4k. ;)

Rod

Welcome to the Forum.

I got your pm, most people are not going to watch 20 min video. I won't and 99% of the time I have speakers turned off.

I will look at all your posts again, I had already look through them, I'm not sure what is going on, I have no knowledge on a 4k. ;)

Rod

Ok no problem.

I look at you video and saw that you could not format you SD card. Did you insure your SD card is properly seated? I had a similar issue and needed to use special care to insure the card was fully seated. I actually needed to use a pair of tweezers.

@Dj-Mafia

Ok,
So on this post I suggested reinstalling the app.
Can't Record Video

Then on this post
@losman26 stated he re installed the app, and it fixed it, but this was 8 months ago.
Can't Record Video

So if you have not reinstalled the app, maybe try that. ;)

Rod

I look at you video and saw that you could not format you SD card. Did you insure your SD card is properly seated? I had a similar issue and needed to use special care to insure the card was fully seated. I actually needed to use a pair of tweezers.

Thanks, i will try that when i get home just to ensure but i think it looks seated. i will still try.

Look at your video,

Brave Guy,

Here he stated it showed the card, I didn't go toward a formatting problem if the card shows up in the app.
Can not record with my p3 4k

Rod

I had done that but i'll try it again maybe it just might work this time.
OK, wasn't in any of your posts, if your still using an android, do a uninstall, and then use the file manager to remove anything that is DJI, restart / reboot (drop kick) your device, download and install.

I don't think you have posted that have tried another mobile device.

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.