Can I use an iPad without cellular data

Reaction score
My iPad has gps but does not have cellular data. I just use it in my home wi fi. Will this iPad work when I connect it to my controller and leave the house?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Will it work for what?

My iPad has gps but does not have cellular data. I just use it in my home wi fi. Will this iPad work when I connect it to my controller and leave the house?
If your iPad has GPS but no cellular, it's a very rare one.
The Phantom doesn't use cellular or internet data at all for flying.
And even if you don't have GPS in the iPad (as I suspect) that still won't affect your flying because the Phantom has it's own GPS unit.
The only reason the Phantom needs to know the location of the controller is for follow-me flight or resetting the home point to the location of the controller.
Neither of these is used much by most flyers.

Thank you so much for responding!! So are you saying the iPad is just an interface to load the app on and it doesnt require the iPad to access the internet?

The only reason your iPad would need to have any data would be to update the app and to load maps prior to your flights. Otherwise no data needed. I use my iPhone for my P4 and always turn it to airplane mode so I don't get a phone call during a flight.

If your iPad has GPS but no cellular, it's a very rare one.

No wifi only ipad has satellite gps, I assume OP means location services which works using wifi location data. The gps functionality only comes as part of the cellular chipset in the relevant models.

I would assume it's an iPad that once had cellular but is now not paying for cellular service anymore thus rendering it wifi with gps only

One more thing... What model iPad do you have? There have been 12 different models released and not all will work with the P4

Here is a list of devices that are known to be suitable : Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

Mark,

My iPad is also without cellular. There was no need to get it with it when I bought it.

It works just fine with the P4 with zero problems.

AD

Reactions: Ty Durden

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31