can I super glue my control ribbon on my video plate, as I broke the small ribbon hold downs in a attempted repair.

Reaction score
I live in a remote part of Brazil and after a crash attempted to repair the gimbal arms and in doing so broke a few ribbon contact hold arms, there by the video is now unpowered. Is there a feild patch that may get the camera back, everything was working before I did this job!
Thanks in advance, unfortunately the video plate costs shipping to Brazil are more than the drone is worth, yet its still a great drone and I hate to lose her.

The socket is putting pressure on the ribbon so that the contacts touch each other. I don't see a way to glue such connector which would keep that pressure. Just go to a repair shop and ask them to replace it.

Reactions: scottennis2
The socket is putting pressure on the ribbon so that the contacts touch each other. I don't see a way to glue such connector which would keep that pressure. Just go to a repair shop and ask them to replace it.
thanks I tried shipping it to a repair shop here in Brazil and they told me I needed a whole new video plate, at an outrageous price, but if you feel a shop can just replace the ribbon hold downs I will try shipping it up to the states...thanks for the tip!

Did you save the ones that broke off. If not damaged, they can be reinstalled, Carefully. Not easy cuz so small but works. If you cracked the base, no luck. No way otherwise to attach the ribbon. Sorry.

AliExpress has free freight, or very cheap, from China but takes a while. Good luck

I live in a remote part of Brazil and after a crash attempted to repair the gimbal arms and in doing so broke a few ribbon contact hold arms, there by the video is now unpowered. Is there a feild patch that may get the camera back, everything was working before I did this job!
Thanks in advance, unfortunately the video plate costs shipping to Brazil are more than the drone is worth, yet its still a great drone and I hate to lose her.
If you don't find any other alternative that doesn't cost more than it's worth, as a last resort, you can take the old arms (or make new ones close to the same size). Push the ribbon into place and apply pressure to your hold down while you hot glue it in place with something like the blunt end of a needle.

Allow to cool (with pressure) and harden completely, then twist the needle loose. Apply the glue sparingly as just a little will suffice. Getting the glue in the corners is more important than in the middle so that the glue has something to grab and maintain pressure. Other glues might also work but most take much longer to "cure" hard enough.

Reactions: scottennis2
If you don't find any other alternative that doesn't cost more than it's worth, as a last resort, you can take the old arms (or make new ones close to the same size). Push the ribbon into place and apply pressure to your hold down while you hot glue it in place with something like the blunt end of a needle.

Allow to cool (with pressure) and harden completely, then twist the needle loose. Apply the glue sparingly as just a little will suffice. Getting the glue in the corners is more important than in the middle so that the glue has something to grab and maintain pressure. Other glues might also work but most take much longer to "cure" hard enough.

This was the answer I was hoping for otherwise I am out of luck.so while applying pressure to the ribbons try to hot glue them in 0lace with a needle that can later be removed. Thanks so much, I have nothing to lose at this point and your tip may get me in the air again!:

This was the answer I was hoping for otherwise I am out of luck.so while applying pressure to the ribbons try to hot glue them in 0lace with a needle that can later be removed. Thanks so much, I have nothing to lose at this point and your tip may get me in the air again!:
I hope it works for you. Let me know and good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20