Can I repair gimbal/antenna wire connector?

Reaction score
Had a crash and the gimbal snapped off. It looks like everything is okay, but the connector snap on the end of the antenna wire stayed inside the gimbal. I hate to spend $35 for new antennas just for the connector. I have tried to put the wire inside the connector but everything is so tiny. Does anybody how to repair this?

IMG_3228.JPG

The problem is that, without specialized tools, you will never be able to know if the repair worked. The P3S has 2 antennas used in a diversity setup, so you can never tell if only one is working (apart from reduced range)

And using a 2.4GHz tx without an antenna, risks burning the power amplifier (all of the energy has nowhere to go). So I would not recommend testing with a non-working antenna, the forums are full of people who burned radio Tx and FPV Tx by not having an antenna connected when testing

Look for Part 97, those antenna sell for $18 each, so unless you broke 2, you can fix it relatively cheaply

At that point I would just do the bird side antenna mod. Your already halfway done!

I broke both antennas so I bought a pair from Amazon for $35. The gimbal setup worked perfectly in the crash snapping off cleanly and I think without damage and shouldn't cost anything to get working again. I also have to replace the shell and the antenna is the very first thing that goes in so I am held up on my repair until I get the new antennas.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik