Can I link the Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 to the same device?

Reaction score
So far, I'm not able to connect the Inspire 1 to the DJI GO app with the Phantom already linked. Just to clarify I want both aircraft and their individual controllers linked in the same DJI GO app. How do I do this?

When I go thru the Connection steps for the Inspire....1. Turn on the Transmitter 2. Turn on the Aircraft 3. Connect the device to the transmitter then I should be able to enter camera view. NO GO.

I fly both my P3P and Inspire 1 with the same iPad Mini 2. Try starting up the DJI GO app about a minute after powering up the aircraft.

Reactions: Rrotz
Hi msinger, I tried what you suggested but still cannot enter camera view. Do I need to link the controller and aircraft first?

I just recieved the Inspire 1 after purchase. I immediately upgraded the firmware and the update was successful on the AC but it said the firmware was the same on the controller so it didn't update.

Last edited:
So far, I'm not able to connect the Inspire 1 to the DJI GO app with the Phantom already linked. Just to clarify I want both aircraft and their individual controllers linked in the same DJI GO app. How do I do this?

When I go thru the Connection steps for the Inspire....1. Turn on the Transmitter 2. Turn on the Aircraft 3. Connect the device to the transmitter then I should be able to enter camera view. NO GO.

Are you saying you want both linked to the same DJI GO app simultaneously? Don't think that's possible, and don't understand why you'd want that?

Why wouldn't I want to have both AC linked to the same app? I uninstalled DJI GO and still can't connect the Inspire and go into camera view. The tail LED blinks Red and Green. Do I need to relink the transmitter and AC?

Eventually I want to link the phantom controller to the Inspire as slave for sensor work.

Why wouldn't I want to have both AC linked to the same app? I uninstalled DJI GO and still can't connect the Inspire and go into camera view. The tail LED blinks Red and Green. Do I need to relink the transmitter and AC?

Eventually I want to link the phantom controller to the Inspire as slave for sensor work.

I guess I thought you were trying to run both aircraft on the DJI app at the exact same time. You should be able to use the DJI app for both aircraft at different times...

Are you making sure to swipe to the correct type of aircraft before you hit "Enter Camera View".

Absolutely! I follow the steps for "How to Connect" and go back and only still have "How to Connect". Is there anything that could be wrong with the AC? I updated the firmware first and it was successful on the AC but said that the newest firmware was already on the controller.

It was suggested on the update firmware instructions to update to the previous firmware first, should I have done that?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl