Can I get some help with phantom 3 pro controller questions please

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok, This is my first post as I just joined. So I have been wanting to get into drones for years. Now in my mid 50s I started buying Phantom drones as they are the ones I was always hooked on.
Have two Phantom 2 drones, four Phantom 3 Standard drones, One Phantom 3 4K and one Phantom 3 Professional. 8 Phantom drones in all so far. Been buying them used and in need of repair.
So I buy the Phantom 3 Professional from Offerup for $210. When it arrives it is a complete basket case. The drone needs new shell, the camera needs new ribbon cable and the controller a GL300C had been opened up with the ribon cable tearing the connector off the circut board.
Now as I understand the GL300A, GL300B & GL300C will all work for the Phantom 3 pro. Correct? Now if i find the circut board from a GL300A or GL300B can I pop it in my controller case and connecdt the USB board to it with no issues?
Please let me know. I tried to buy inexpensive and deal with a minor repair or two but after all is repaired will have spent more then could have bought a fully functioning drone for!!
Thank you!
Ryan

GL300A, GL300B & GL300C will all work for the Phantom 3 pro.
Yes.
I think someone wrote somewhere that there are actually two models called GL300c, and one of them only fits ph4 pro?
I might remember that wrong.

Anyway, if all your RCs come from Ph3 - then they're interchangeable.

Now if i find the circut board from a GL300A or GL300B can I pop it in my controller case and connecdt the USB board to it with no issues?
GL300a has different USB Board (aka Interface Board) than GL300b/c. The two boards are not interchangeable, even though the FFC cables fit.

For more info - like board photos - see here:
O-Gs wiki: DJI Hardware

Also, Welcome to the forum!

These are the pitfalls of buying used drones , I was a slow learner and bought many. I can only compare it to opening an unmarked box of chocolates. You dont have a clue what is inside. Bad solder jobs , hack repairs , missing screws , ect , mismatch parts. Eventhough I bought a few lemons , it did make me become a good drone mechanic / rebuilder .

Thank everyone for your info. Yes, i have always jumped into something I enjoy with both feet. When younger it was muscle cars then computers, etc. Compaired to my prior hobbies drones are the most inexpensive so far.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic