can i fly it over the time square Nyc?

I just spent 3 days in NYC.... took my drone, but once there, I had no interest in flying.... New York has been through too much, I just felt it would be disrespectful, and unwarranted... That's my 2cents.

There will be no shortage of firmware being installed [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Nor Trojan Horses surreptitiously included without disclosure (yes, I know it's redundant!)!

GEO appears to have been installed and is now active on older firmware versions, where turning it OFF is not an option, as it wasn't supposed to have been there in the first place, so there is no toggle! :eek:

I just spent 3 days in NYC.... took my drone, but once there, I had no interest in flying.... New York has been through too much, I just felt it would be disrespectful, and unwarranted... That's my 2cents.

Yesterday my response would have been I don't think it's disrespectful and I would love to fly and show how beautiful our city actually is. Today....after another apparent attack...different feelings.

Im scared to even fly outside my house on staten island !

Me too. Where do you fly? Wolfes Pond was great until I was very politely told I shouldn't be there so I haven't been back. I've gone to the aircraft field behind Costco when nobody else was there and got some pretty nice shots. A few weeks ago took off from the Conference House beach and flew across the water to NJ but not much scenery. Was going to try and get to the beach today and try and get the cruise ships leaving from Manhattan but looks like the weather will not be cooperating and after what happened in NJ and NYC yesterday probably not the best idea anyway.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Here's a list of places where you can fly in NYC. Model Aircraft Fields : NYC Parks

BTW it is illegal to fly any drone or UAV in NYC aka manhattan. Drones
5e0bd773f3e71e7ee6d09ec3c69f1dd0.jpg

Then again I've seen many videos on YouTube that claim otherwise. "Fly at your own risk" is my motto.
Good luck and happy flying

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If you do, probably safer to not tell anyone and keep the photos anonymous. ;)

Casey seems to be oblivious to any kind of regulations, I watched a U-tube vid, of him on a skate board with his P-4 flying along a NYC street, I assume in Follow me mode, with the overhead wires, interference, cops on every corner I just can't believe he hasn't got in any trouble, & its not like he's stealthy about it.
Seems like a really nice guy, but, Jeez,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj