Can I Do This?

Reaction score
Today I have my first true test flight with my Phantom 2 v2.0 with the lightbridge setup. I was expecting some serious distance, however, at 700 meters (2297 feet) I started to have some glitches on my tablet (FPV). These caused a bit of loss of vision and some delays in reception. The wind was at about 11 km/hr (6.8 miles/hr.), ran my batteries out at almost 16 minutes with almost 12% running time. Is this a good outcome?

1) Can lightbridge give more distance?

2) Did anyone change the provided antennas and replaced them with others to improve distance and range? if yes, what (tested of-course)?

3) Can I take pictures using a GoPro 4 Black through the software from the lightbridge app?

I have read somewhere that some people use boosters to their antennas, would a booster combination add to the power of lightbridge, where the boosters will connect to the outlets of the antennas on lightbridge, then the physical antennas will be connected to the separate boosters (two) one for each side attached to lightbridge and powered by a separate battery. This is just an idea, needless to say I am not a technical person either.

Thanks for reading and your feedback in advance.

Regards,
Sarie

Sarie said:
Today I have my first true test flight with my Phantom 2 v2.0 with the lightbridge setup. I was expecting some serious distance, however, at 700 meters (2297 feet) I started to have some glitches on my tablet (FPV). These caused a bit of loss of vision and some delays in reception. The wind was at about 11 km/hr (6.8 miles/hr.), ran my batteries out at almost 16 minutes with almost 12% running time. Is this a good outcome?

1) Can lightbridge give more distance?

2) Did anyone change the provided antennas and replaced them with others to improve distance and range? if yes, what (tested of-course)?

3) Can I take pictures using a GoPro 4 Black through the software from the lightbridge app?

I have read somewhere that some people use boosters to their antennas, would a booster combination add to the power of lightbridge, where the boosters will connect to the outlets of the antennas on lightbridge, then the physical antennas will be connected to the separate boosters (two) one for each side attached to lightbridge and powered by a separate battery. This is just an idea, needless to say I am not a technical person either.

Thanks for reading and your feedback in advance.

Regards,
Sarie

Hi Sarie, please see the thread below. 700 meters does sound short for what i know Lightbridge can achieve.

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=26497

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj