Can fireworks overturn a drone?

Reaction score
Can fireworks overturn a drone? Or too hard to hit one on the drone?

If it hits, the damage would be great?

Does anyone have a proven test or fact?

I tried filming at the turn of the year with my phantom 3 advanced warrior, but I did not get too close because of fear, this year I feel like trying again through the middle of the fires, youtube has several video of the staff in the middle of the fires.

Has anyone ever had this experience?

Check out the video I made.

Cool video. I wouldn't risk having the drone taken out by fireworks, im less concerned about the drone and more concerned about the people below it.

I would never risk the life of my drone or spectators on the ground. A really bad idea in my opinion.

of the drone if he dies another buys, this is easy, but spectators had no one on the floor, he was riding the drums in the middle of the golf course.

I was with the people, I went to the assembly of the fireworks, I know everyone, if the drone had no one to tell you how calm it can be, I was not irresponsible.

The only thing that was in jeopardy was the life of the drone, but it was not even that much at risk, because as I said at the time I had yellowed and I did not pass as close to the fires as I wanted.

Cool video. I wouldn't risk having the drone taken out by fireworks, im less concerned about the drone and more concerned about the people below it.

So I know it too, the drone is missing, so there was no one down, a giant battery of fires was set up on the lawn of the golf course, and everyone was in the hall watching and drinking champagne, there were people in the bar area but still far from the fires.

I was also there along with the organizers, everything was done together and 100% had no one down there to hit it and I believe looking at the images seems like it was very close, but in fact I was far from the fires.

so the question I wanted to get close to the fireworks, I want to see if this year I do passing in the middle of the fireworks, wanted to do something like this

Reactions: 3rdof5
If a Phantom fully operational were to somehow overturn it would immediately correct its position. Avoid the props and try to flip yours. It’ll fight back hard!

Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: bronis
If a Phantom fully operational were to somehow overturn it would immediately correct its position. Avoid the props and try to flip yours. It’ll fight back hard!

Jim
WA5TEF

the chance of one of those rojões picking up on the prop and breaking it, to bring down the drone so I believe it is very small right? would be the only way to bring down would be breaking one of the helices right? Well really get caught in the body and get to turn the drone he corrects, I've already seen a knock on the flag give 2 pirouette upside down and correct the position.

20190414_101223.jpg

I dont know.

So I know it too, the drone is missing, so there was no one down, a giant battery of fires was set up on the lawn of the golf course, and everyone was in the hall watching and drinking champagne, there were people in the bar area but still far from the fires.

I was also there along with the organizers, everything was done together and 100% had no one down there to hit it and I believe looking at the images seems like it was very close, but in fact I was far from the fires.

so the question I wanted to get close to the fireworks, I want to see if this year I do passing in the middle of the fireworks, wanted to do something like this

To answer your original question, and yes assuming you are flying with all safety precautions to protect the public, I'd think the phantom would have a good chance of surviving a direct hit, as long as it didnt take out a prop, which can't be ruled out, it could happen.

With the kind of fireworks shown, a direct hit would destroy the phantom in the air. I have worked a fireworks display. 6” and 8” shells would blow it a part. The “whoosh” when one of those is launched is frightening the first time you are that close. And I was back a bit, guarding the “vault” from sparks getting in it. Both “shooters” were missing fingers were they did not move their hands fast enough. Even the fire department stood back. Maybe a small public mortar may just knock the drone around but I doubt it. That said, the chances are it would not get hit.

I stopped posting pictures of the fun, unconventional stuff I do with my drones in this forum due to all the hateRs that feel it necessary to post their opinions, but I too have flown in the midst of fireworks. But considering that many of the P4 sensors would be useless because of the time of day, and the drone would definitely be within line of sight, I did not use my P4 to do it. Instead I purchased one of those inexpensive $100 drones that have a camera and gps, nothing else. I was not willing to risk a $1400 drone for a few cool pictures, but I would not be saddened if I lost a $100 drone in the attempt.

Reactions: bronis
I stopped posting pictures of the fun, unconventional stuff I do with my drones in this forum due to all the hateRs that feel it necessary to post their opinions, but I too have flown in the midst of fireworks. But considering that many of the P4 sensors would be useless because of the time of day, and the drone would definitely be within line of sight, I did not use my P4 to do it. Instead I purchased one of those inexpensive $100 drones that have a camera and gps, nothing else. I was not willing to risk a $1400 drone for a few cool pictures, but I would not be saddened if I lost a $100 drone in the attempt.

this is a tense question, many people always appear to complain and criticize without even knowing in real what is happening.

The politically correct, or even envious indeed kkkkkk

But, and what happened, you threw him into the middle of the fires and survived, or was struck and gone?

I'm really looking forward to it, but here in my city to do it in the same place again safely only at the end of the year, at the turn of the year.

Can fireworks overturn a drone? Or too hard to hit one on the drone?

If it hits, the damage would be great?

Does anyone have a proven test or fact?

I tried filming at the turn of the year with my phantom 3 advanced warrior, but I did not get too close because of fear, this year I feel like trying again through the middle of the fires, youtube has several video of the staff in the middle of the fires.

Has anyone ever had this experience?

Check out the video I made.

Your raw footage is jerky. You should use an editor to take out the jerks and other undesirable movements. In addition, you have this great dynamic platform. Instead of utilizing the ability for smooth POI, dolly or push shots, you basically sit in one place, move a bit, jerk the camera around a lot, and then don't edit out those jerky movements.

Kudos for maintaining the percussive sounds in the audio. And more kudos for the crane movements, which looked really good. With minimal editing, this would be a much better video.

As far as a firework "grounding your drone" goes, I imagine it is possible, but highly unlikely.

Remember next time to:

1) continuously move GENTLY.
2) no jerky movements.
3) utilize editing techniques to make the video more interesting.

D

Your raw footage is jerky. You should use an editor to take out the jerks and other undesirable movements. In addition, you have this great dynamic platform. Instead of utilizing the ability for smooth POI, dolly or push shots, you basically sit in one place, move a bit, jerk the camera around a lot, and then don't edit out those jerky movements.

Kudos for maintaining the percussive sounds in the audio. And more kudos for the crane movements, which looked really good. With minimal editing, this would be a much better video.

As far as a firework "grounding your drone" goes, I imagine it is possible, but highly unlikely.

Remember next time to:

1) continuously move GENTLY.
2) no jerky movements.
3) utilize editing techniques to make the video more interesting.

D

version 2, see if it has improved, both filming and editing and soundtrack ;-)

version 2, see if it has improved, both filming and editing and soundtrack ;-)

Much better!

Now categorize your shots as either static or dynamic - NEVER combine them. In other words, don't START moving or STOP moving in the middle off a shot. Don't change direction in the middle of a shot. You might have to use slow motion to extend extremely short shots, but you have enough raw footage that you shouldn't need to do that. That video should be 2 minutes, not 3. Follow these editing tips, edit out the movement changes, use soft fades, and you will have a more professional looking video (this dismisses the low bitrates, compression artifacts, etc.).

D

I would never risk the life of my drone or spectators on the ground. A really bad idea in my opinion.
Agree ... REALLY BAD idea. If your drone was a safe distance away from spectators and the actual fireworks display, you could get some interesting images while respecting safety. Often the best fireworks images have some kind of interesting foreground/background. Often this is easier to achieve on the ground. See below:
81201E07-DEA4-44CA-90A3-C13AB7FB71BF.jpeg

Agree ... REALLY BAD idea. If your drone was a safe distance away from spectators and the actual fireworks display, you could get some interesting images while respecting safety. Often the best fireworks images have some kind of interesting foreground/background. Often this is easier to achieve on the ground. See below:
View attachment 110725

I agree maybe it's even possible, but who said I was putting someone at risk besides the drone itself? Where did you get this information or conclusion from?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik