Can birds hit my drone?

The hawks near me tend to dive bomb the quad - trying to scare it away. Have not ever made contact. Increasing altitude quickly has always worked for me.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Can a bird hit your drone?? .. Can a deer hit your car? You tell me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

news story I saw said aussy. but when one oppressive tyranny gets the idea, it spreads like california fires. Maybe that is why obama is using windmill blades to terrorize our eagles, so they will strike back on their own and he can deny involvement.

I guess carbon fiber props will teach them a lesson stumpy won't forget.
Well it was wrong, Australia is not training eagle's to take down drones. The Netherlands is.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using PhantomPilots mobile app

In November I went to my Flying Location . I noticed about 2 dozen Canadian Geese resting on the grass about 75 feet away. I started the motors and lifted off the grass about 10 feet, Then those Geese made a Noise Racket, I don't know which direction they left too ,but one headed toward my area I landed very Quick, I don't think the Drone could stand up on the impact from those Monsters-gosports1

Attachments

• Drone Pic w Guards and New Small Drone X Mas 2016 001.JPG
    Drone Pic w Guards and New Small Drone X Mas 2016 001.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 272
I was flying my phantom a couple of weeks ago in an isolated area when a couple of chicken hawks started chasing my drone, fortunately is was windy and I was able to out run the birds. They certainly can get your heart rate up !

I was flying my phantom a couple of weeks ago in an isolated area when a couple of chicken hawks started chasing my drone, fortunately is was windy and I was able to out run the birds. They certainly can get your heart rate up !
My rooster didn't bat an eye when I was hovering over their pen today. hen moved behind him into corner. Camera shy I guess. He did crow at it after I flew off.

I get red tailed hawks and turkey vultures checking out the drone almost every flight. Have yet to have one attack it thankfully but I don't let my bird hang out too close or long enough to antagonize them!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

My rooster didn't bat an eye when I was hovering over their pen today. hen moved behind him into corner. Camera shy I guess. He did crow at it after I flew off.

Do you ever dress your rooster up like a hen? Grab it with your foot and pin it's head down and make love to it like a man then run off cackling cockadoodledoo..

Sent from my Satellite Phone using PhantomPilots

Do you ever dress your rooster up like a hen? Grab it with your foot and pin it's head down and make love to it like a man then run off cackling cockadoodledoo..

you don't need to pin their head down. press head to ground and draw a line in front of the beak and they will stay there hypnotized, puts them out.
but very homophobic of you, obama still has 3 weeks to prosecute.

you don't need to pin their head down. press head to ground and draw a line in front of the beak and they will stay there hypnotized, puts them out.
but very homophobic of you, obama still has 3 weeks to prosecute.

I have always wanted to be dominated by a big black man, wait you say I get Obama? Might as well be.....

9cb85de5f409ead116816f2bfdca0d46.jpg

Anybody watch the YouTube video where a bird takes this dudes phantom 3 and brings it back to its nest? You can watch the baby's walking around and everything it's nuts.. I think it was a bald eagle or something huge.. If I lost my drone that way I would be pissed, but just having the footage of that alone would make me feel much better about loosing my drone lol. The Bird just grabbed ahold of it and carried it miles away it seemed to its nest.

Not sure if he ever got it back or not, I'm guessing he didn't. Video is prolly worth a bunch of money, that's why I wouldn't be so upset lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anytime someone has an unexplained crash, the two most common initial theories are 1) did a prop come off, or 2) did it strike a bird. I don't know if it really happens as often as suggested, but it's enough of a concern to put it high up on the differential diagnosis for a sudden unexplained failure.

Did I hit a bird?
I made this post today about my crash last night, wondering if I hit a bird.
depends. if bird had the green light you are at fault. if he had red light from front it was at fault. If the lights were out, all parties must stop before proceeding.
Could also be santa. norad says he was flying in the area.
That track suggests it wasn't an obstruction from ground that did it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna