Campaign for the replacement of all P3A /Ps with old motors and shells

Amazon just delivered my P3P and the model stickers show W323 not W323A and the picture on the front shows the old motors.

Should I send it back or open it and fly it?

My first phantom...

Amazon just delivered my P3P and the model stickers show W323 not W323A and the picture on the front shows the old motors.

Should I send it back or open it and fly it?

My first phantom...
Send it back in my humble opinion and ask for the latest version. Others will disagree but thats just points of view.

. And i am one of the unlucky ones to get a bird from that batch. .
Why didn't you say this before, it makes all the difference to the argument. Just one thing, how did you find out you have a P3A from the defective batch? I'd like to know in case mine is duff as well.

Send it back in my humble opinion and ask for the latest version. Others will disagree but thats just points of view.
I rang Amazon (UK) who said that they couldn't find a reference to the W number and that they couldn't guarantee which one I would get.

I bought it directly from Amazon thinking that I would get the latest ver with their sales turnover.

I'm gunna join the haters I'm afraid. I do statistical analysis for work and the data (polls) was gathered in such a way that is completely meaningless. Honestly chuck it in the bin it's worth zip.

Products improve over time, fact of life, grow up and get on with it.
Cars will likely have THOUSANDS of tweaks and adjustments during the time they are manufactured. Do you really believe ever customer should be able to return their car for a new one every time they make an improvement?

Finally this sort of petition WILL NEVER WORK! And good thing to as any company that buckled to this would go bust quickly.
No problem there buddy at least you are not aggressive and insultive.... Ok you might be doing statistical analysis for leaving and i have my background which is working as a senior assurancand product manager for 15 years in multinacional corporations around the globe and i ask you kindly to go further up the thread where i have outlined in detail a customer journey used by telecom operators that keep u a happy customer and justification why DJI has a defective batch that under the rlevant EU directive (i have quoted it up in this tread too) should do the decent thing and initiate a voluntary swap program for users that can demonstrate thir product SN came from that defective production batch as P3s can cause damage if they fail during flight to 3rd party and the pilot is then to be held liable for an vendor issue.

Why didn't you say this before, it makes all the difference to the argument. Just one thing, how did you find out you have a P3A from the defective batch? I'd like to know in case mine is duff as well.
Man of Kent i have started the entire thread by mentioning that perhaps it was not so clear but i have the first "flavour" shell and motor versions and i bought my bird in the beginning of September please read all my coments and you will find all the history of my case including communication i had with DJI and my dealer that had no clue about the new motors and i opened his eyes... that is an official DJI dealer in the UK by the way so thats how good DJI's communication is... Now its very simple to tell the difrerence on both the shell and the motors. For the motors just refer to the pic in the start of the thread. Star shaped motors are the new ones. Then put the shell motor arm edge under a light and you will see the simple non x shape plastic support shell design coming through. There are many threads on this in this forum with many pics.

Man of Kent i have started the entire thread by mentioning that perhaps it was not so clear but i have the first "flavour" shell and motor versions and i bought my bird in the beginning of September please read all my coments and you will find all the history of my case including communication i had with DJI and my dealer that had no clue about the new motors and i opened his eyes... that is an official DJI dealer in the UK by the way so thats how good DJI's communication is... Now its very simple to tell the difrerence on both the shell and the motors. For the motors just refer to the pic in the start of the thread. Star shaped motors are the new ones. Then put the shell motor arm edge under a light and you will see the simple non x shape plastic support shell design coming through. There are many threads on this in this forum with many pics.

Attachments

• 1446285003329.jpg
    1446285003329.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 262
And this pic is DJI deleting my post on their official Facebook page cuz they did not like it....

Attachments

• 1446285086510.jpg
    1446285086510.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 251
No problem there buddy at least you are not aggressive and insultive.... Ok you might be doing statistical analysis for leaving and i have my background which is working as a senior assurancand product manager for 15 years in multinacional corporations around the globe and i ask you kindly to go further up the thread where i have outlined in detail a customer journey used by telecom operators that keep u a happy customer and justification why DJI has a defective batch that under the rlevant EU directive (i have quoted it up in this tread too) should do the decent thing and initiate a voluntary swap program for users that can demonstrate thir product SN came from that defective production batch as P3s can cause damage if they fail during flight to 3rd party and the pilot is then to be held liable for an vendor issue.

Fair play I misunderstood. I thought you were saying everyone without the latest motors and shell should be entitled to a new one.

If you're saying those with a serial number in a known defective batch of shells should get a new shell that's more realistic. This would be more similar to a car manufacturer doing a re-call. I remember Apple did it a while back with their iPhone chargers, if the batch number was in a certain range you could return it for a replacement.

I'd be interested to see which serial numbers are from the known faulty batch (without having to read all the pages) as I didn't think DJI had released this?

And this Man of Kent is DJI support reply as of 3 days ago no response...

Thats it Man of Kent

Attachments

• 1446285460839.jpg
    1446285460839.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 290
Fair play I misunderstood. I thought you were saying everyone without the latest motors and shell should be entitled to a new one.

If you're saying those with a serial number in a known defective batch of shells should get a new shell that's more realistic. This would be more similar to a car manufacturer doing a re-call. I remember Apple did it a while back with their iPhone chargers, if the batch number was in a certain range you could return it for a replacement.

I'd be interested to see which serial numbers are from the known faulty batch (without having to read all the pages) as I didn't think DJI had released this?
Now we talking shop buddy... me too i would like to know the batch dates and SNs. When i contacted them they came back and asked the date of purchase and invoice so i scanned it and send it. DJI Germany support came back indirectly admiting that if it was up to August 2015 production batch the cracking problem maight be there and no new motors. I belive they have changed the plastic injection process and material for the shell some time after as users report in this forum a change in the texture of the plastic and the internal supoort design after inspection under a light. For the new motors i belive they where introduced sometime in September. No DJI has not release any info as per usual Chinese company practice ...

Reactions: Ayrtonginster
I rang Amazon (UK) who said that they couldn't find a reference to the W number and that they couldn't guarantee which one I would get.

I bought it directly from Amazon thinking that I would get the latest ver with their sales turnover.
If they find the production date then it could help. Anything produced after end of September probably has the new motors. If u order from DJI directly u get the new motors and shell.

Reactions: cocoamedia
I'm gunna join the haters I'm afraid. I do statistical analysis for work and the data (polls) was gathered in such a way that is completely meaningless. Honestly chuck it in the bin it's worth zip.

Products improve over time, fact of life, grow up and get on with it.
Cars will likely have THOUSANDS of tweaks and adjustments during the time they are manufactured. Do you really believe ever customer should be able to return their car for a new one every time they make an improvement?

Finally this sort of petition WILL NEVER WORK! And good thing to as any company that buckled to this would go bust quickly.

Be interested to understand why you think this poll is meaningless and if a car manufacturer produced a vehicle where one in three of its chassis were cracking it would go into liquidation almost as quickly as its product would be banned by the local authority.

Seems to me once more people ignoring the evidence out of loyalty.

Loyalty is good but blind loyalty? That's just insane.

The fact you have to be insulting to make you're point is hardly analytical, if you had any facts to bolster you're opinion they would speak for themselves.

Happy to see what you got and admit you've got a point if appropriate.....

I though you were saying you could tell which batch of old shells/motors you have. I have the original she'll and motors too, but I don't know if they were part of the faulty batch. Perhaps you are confusing batch and version.

I'm grateful to those who have flagged up the issue of motor arm cracks, and I've noted that it seems DJI will play fair if you experience this issue. I will check each time I fly but the fact that others have had problems will not spoil my own experience.

Please don't repost your arguments - I read them before. I just can't agree with your understanding of what a faulty batch is and all that follows.

If you're saying those with a serial number in a known defective batch of shells should get a new shell that's more realistic.

Except he's talking about P3s made from April 2015-August 2015.
Probably only about 400000 P3s

People keep saying DJI are bad and that a car company would fix things. Look at VW/Audi.
And I don't mean the emissions fiasco.
Selling about 300,000 cars with dodgy piston rings and refusing to do a recall.

SIGH-

-So we are at post 120 including mine-- It is, what it is-- DJI controls their product and their market, they are apparently ecstatic with the success and will continue to make and formulate their own warranty policies and positions regardless of whose opinion is expressed on this forum.

We have verbal input that may or may not be considered--but who is to know what DJI will decide on an individual case basis.

Back to flying the Phantom and if there are issues that DJI should fix -- send it in-- and hope for a warranty fix. --or fix it, fly it and enjoy being able to see what the eagle sees. I don't understand endless discussions regarding something we have absolutely no control over. tumblr_nozbavrxe51ro8ysbo1_500.gif

Cheers

Reactions: ScatSpeak

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4