Campaign for the replacement of all P3A /Ps with old motors and shells

Thank u buddy i know i am but it seams some people have hiden agengas hehiden and other interests....
Spock ... you really have no idea what you are talking about here (consistent with the rest of your posting in this thread).
I mentioned earlier that Your logic is as faulty as your understanding of my relationship with DJI.
To make it crystal clear to you .. No-one here is on DJI's payroll. No-one!
I have bought all the Phantoms I have flown - the same as you, except I have flown a lot more Phantoms for a lot more hours than you.
Phantom Pilots is completely independent of DJI.
There are no hidden agendas or interests.
Hear hear yes sir thank u! And all of these on DJIs payroll at least can be honest and say it rather than insult our inteligence....
Insult your intelligence ???
"Hot motors are not defectivre" "there is nothing wrong with P3s" car industry inaccurate and adegctotal comparisons and a passion for counter argument for anyone that hapens just to be concerned and make us look like we don't know what we are talking about... ok...
Sorry ..
I can't leave that alone.
When it comes to .. make us look like we don't know what we are talking about
.... you're doing a pretty good job on your own.

You should have returned it for a refund or exchange when you opened the box and noticed it had the old style motors. I'm assuming that you've been enjoying your P3? Why then should they replace a perfectly good product? Just because Walmart will honor any and every return/exchange without question doesn't mean DJI will. If it develops a problem then contact DJI" and start a claim ticket. Until then why not just fly and enjoy it?
I did not know my friend back then if i did i would have ask for an immediate refund. U making too many asumptions my bird has been grounded mosty and has only 2.5 hours total flight time on it the moment i heard about the cracks and new motors. i had contact DJI too and they said "if it cracks we will replace it" and i responded fair enough but 2 days ago i see this post on DJI support Facebook forum (see original post) about how :the new motors are more stable..." and i asked online and support wrote "who said the new motors are more stable?" And i said "the post in this thread you responding to me". So when i cornered their support like i described hr stopped responding. Then i go and post on their other official FB group and they delete my post literally within minutes and without any warning and block me from it too. I contacted the admin and he unblocked me and told me that basically he is just doing what he was told...

I did not know my friend back then if i did i would have ask for an immediate refund. U making too many asumptions my bird has been grounded mosty and has only 2.5 hours total flight time on it the moment i heard about the cracks and new motors. i had contact DJI too and they said "if it cracks we will replace it" and i responded fair enough but 2 days ago i see this post on DJI support Facebook forum (see original post) about how :the new motors are more stable..." and i asked online and support wrote "who said the new motors are more stable?" And i said "the post in this thread you responding to me". So when i cornered their support like i described hr stopped responding. Then i go and post on their other official FB group and they delete my post literally within minutes and without any warning and block me from it too. I contacted the admin and he unblocked me and told me that basically he is just doing what he was told...
Your Phantom has no problems but you won't fly it because you are worried that it might in the future.
Like most P3s out there yours is just fine.
Your concerns have no basis in fact and are imaginary.
You just can't help some people.

Have you started a repair claim with DJI?

Your Phantom has no problems but you won't fly it because you are worried that it might in the future.
Like most P3s out there yours is just fine.
Your concerns have no basis in fact and are imaginary.
You just can't help some people.
Don't u worry about me... how is that for imaginary...?
dji phantom 3 cracks - Google Search
Please go tell all of these customers that...

Don't u worry about me... how is that for imaginary...?
dji phantom 3 cracks - Google Search
Please go tell all of these customers that...
Your are an insult to the memory of Spock
You show the most appalling lack of logic.
Some people have recorded cracks in P3 shells
DJI have acknowledged the problem and advised they will fix it for anyone that has the problem.
The vast majority of P3s have no cracking.
Your P3 shows no cracking and if it develops cracking in the future DJI will replace it.
Your fear is imaginary.
If you got away from your keyboard and went out flying a bit more you might get over it.

Reactions: Chris P Duck
Motors 'More stable"? Than what? They changed the bearings & different windings after the p2v+ because the p3 runs at a higher voltage. Perhaps the bearings are what they are referring to.

Motors 'More stable"? Than what? They changed the bearings & different windings after the p2v+ because the p3 runs at a higher voltage. Perhaps the bearings are what they are referring to.
Don't ask me... thats what the DJI post says... :) i have posted it on the top of this string.

When the marketing department say that the new shiny model is more stable and balanced, that doesn't mean that the slightly different previous model has a problem with stability or balance.
It's meaningless marketing spin.
But that's what this ridiculous thread is all about.
Go fly your Phantom, Spock and stop worrying.
There are enough real issues in the world to be concerned about without imagining more.

May I just say that building the esc in to the main board is about the worst idea since soldered ram daccs on the first retina MacBooks. Upside...I guess for $400 it comes presoldered?

Over 28% of 500 respondents to the cracked shell poll on the DJI forum reported cracks in un-crashed P3s. Getting harder to see this as only a small problem.
I wish this stupid thread would just die a natural death.
I'm sick of going over this again and again.
Everything's been said multiple times already.
The repetition makes it seem much more serious than it is.
Look at how much repetition there is in this ridiculous 5 page thread started by an owner that has no problems with a perfectly working P3 but has been scared by other forum posts like this.

But to put things in perspective, 170 members of the DJI forum voted that they have shell cracks.
As has been pointed out, forums tend to attract people with problems and a forum poll is unlikely to get a representative number of non-problem owners voting.
If the number of Phantoms with cracks is 5000, that is still a tiny fraction of the number of Phantoms out there.

DJI acknowledged the problem and provided a replacement option for anyone with a cracking shell.
btw .. having cracks developing is undesirable but it doesn't mean your Phantom is going to fall apart or fall from the sky.

Look at how much repetition there is in this ridiculous 5 page thread started by an owner that has no problems with a perfectly working P3 but has been scared by other forum posts like this.

But to put things in perspective, 170 members of the DJI forum voted that they have shell cracks.
As has been pointed out, forums tend to attract people with problems and a forum poll is unlikely to get a representative number of non-problem owners voting.
If the number of Phantoms with cracks is 5000, that is still a tiny fraction of the number of Phantoms out there.

DJI acknowledged the problem and provided a replacement option for anyone with a cracking shell.
btw .. having cracks developing is undesirable but it doesn't mean your Phantom is going to fall apart or fall from the sky.
Moderator why don't you moderate your tone a little bit...? "Stupid thread" at the end of the day who are you to judge paying customers? If u don't like the thread and democratic dialogue just don't participate in the thread. Why do u keep coming back to every single comment that voices an a concern here..? U keep insulting me personally and everyone else here that does not agree with you... "moderator"

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Have you started a repair claim with DJI?
Buddy i emailed them dint you read my post? They said come back to us when your shell is crackll and i said ok. But then they make announcements about "more stable motors" (see the s top of my post)so naturally as a customer i voiced my opinikn then they gagged me... then you got the haters here crushing and insulting people that are just having a civilised dialogue about it....

Meta4 you asked to see the data again?

Reliability is hardly a 'stupid' concern - in my eyes only the stupid don't worry about reliability.

You're point that only people with shell cracks will bother with polls generally is complete speculation and has no evidence to back such a claim. It makes you're case seem desperate and unfounded.

People just want to have a product that is up to the job - for a lot of folks £900-£1150 is a massive investment and should be met with a level of customer service to match the expense.

Just wondering, where do DJI acknowledge this issue officially? I can't find any evidence?

Also as its only the shell that holds the motors and the body of the craft together I'd say cracks rounds the motors are ignored at ones own peril.

Over 28% of 500 respondents to the cracked shell poll on the DJI forum reported cracks in un-crashed P3s. Getting harder to see this as only a small problem.

DJI Forum|Shell cracks-please vote!

DJI Forum

Potential buyers are getting cold feet.

As requested...
You are correct Ayrtonginster it is a very real problem and ok DJI offers to fix birds but then they go around and post about "new improved by 7% more efficient and more stable motors" so thats strike two here... they should put in place a voluntary replacement scheme like every decent company would do.

Meta4 you asked to see the data again?

Reliability is hardly a 'stupid' concern - in my eyes only the stupid don't worry about reliability.

You're point that only people with shell cracks will bother with polls generally is complete speculation and has no evidence to back such a claim. It makes you're case seem desperate and unfounded.

People just want to have a product that is up to the job - for a lot of folks £900-£1150 is a massive investment and should be met with a level of customer service to match the expense.

Just wondering, where do DJI acknowledge this issue officially? I can't find any evidence?

Also as its only the shell that holds the motors and the body of the craft together I'd say cracks rounds the motors are ignored at ones own peril.
Spot on!

So lets agree to disagree obviously you feel very passionate about your option which makes me wonder a bit. I will ask u instead do u have any numbers of P3s that have not cracked ? U keep mentioning a few... but in this forum alone i have read alot. I answered already if i have had any cracks. No i do not but i flew only 2 hours in total since i bought it because i do HW design and development so i know that where there is smoke there is fire and when customers complaint in a pattern then there is an issue.
Mine hasn't.

Buddy i emailed them dint you read my post? They said come back to us when your shell is crackll and i said ok. But then they make announcements about "more stable motors" (see the s top of my post)so naturally as a customer i voiced my opinikn then they gagged me... then you got the haters here crushing and insulting people that are just having a civilised dialogue about it....

I'm gunna join the haters I'm afraid. I do statistical analysis for work and the data (polls) was gathered in such a way that is completely meaningless. Honestly chuck it in the bin it's worth zip.

Products improve over time, fact of life, grow up and get on with it.
Cars will likely have THOUSANDS of tweaks and adjustments during the time they are manufactured. Do you really believe ever customer should be able to return their car for a new one every time they make an improvement?

Finally this sort of petition WILL NEVER WORK! And good thing to as any company that buckled to this would go bust quickly.

Reactions: Meta4

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic