Camera Won't Tilt

Reaction score
So my Phantom 4 is only about a week old. The camera tilt stopped working. It doesn't tilt with the wheel or the C1 button.
Any idea where to start? Thanks in advance for the help

Did you or somebody else happen to take the remote controller apart for any reason or another, say, to perform an antenna modification?

Ok. During a power up on the table - not motor start - does the camera initialize properly traveling up/down side to side before snapping to center?

If it boots normally, try a refresh of the remote firmware. You can first downgrade, and then upgrade back to the most current.

Reactions: Clang
Great, I will try that when I get home from work and see what it does.

Here's a good tutorial. As Go4 gets updated by DJI small things tend to change, but it's still whatever that small icon is in the upper right corner of the screen that he referred to. You have to touch and hold if for maybe 5 seconds, not 10 as he says. Leave the copter off.

So I downgraded the firmware and then upgraded it but it didn't fix the problem.
I believe the problem started when I switched to a memory card it didn't like. Also it says the gimbal is disconnected. Any ideas? Thanks again.

Swap out that bad sd card for a known good one and refresh the copter firmware next using dji assistant 2.

Ok sorry for the ignorance but how do I go about doing that?
Any idea why it still says the gimbal is disconnected?

In my experience, that is a classic firmware (FW) issue with the P4. Often a failed FW update attempt or a corrupt FW can cause camera/gimbal issues.

Go here to download DJI Assistant 2 for either your PC or Mac: DJI Phantom 4 – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

1) Install software on your computer and then restart computer*.
2) Turn on your P4 - motors off - and connect your P4 to computer - with remote turned off - via the included USB cable that came with your P4. The port on the P4 is next to where the SD card goes.
3) Open DJI Assistant 2. It should then 'see' the copter. Click on P4 icon. You will then have to login to DJI with your credentials. You will then see a pane that will show you what FW version you have, and it will give you the option to refresh the FW. Do a refresh and see what happens.

It is possible that the faulty SD card you mentioned corrupted your P4's FW, so do this refresh and any future operations with a known good SD card.
*A restart may not be required, so you can try to connect to the software without doing so, but on my Windows 7 PC, I had to restart - probably to load the P4 drivers into the registry..

You never did say if the P4 boots normally with the camara/gimbal going through its normal sequence and then snapping to center. If it does not, then you could have deeper issues, but I suggest trying the steps above next.

So the saga continues. Thanks again for your help.
I tried to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 and it says update failed.
The quad still says the gimbal is disconnected and still won't recognize a memory card. Any ideas why the update would fail?

Redo update. That's another common issue.

I can keep trying. I have tried over 10 times. I have closed the app and restarted I have also restarted the drone several times with no luck. Everytime it says update failed.

Well if you already tried that many times there are probably other issues, like possibly a loose cable indide. At this point it's probably not something you can remedy on a user level and may want to consider return for repair or replacement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga