Camera won't tilt up and down

Reaction score
need help, my camera on phantom4 won't tilt up and down using the tilt control on the remote, but it is work normal using iPad, anyone knows how to solve this problem? Thanks

Try calibrating the remote controller in DJI GO -- like this:

Did you move the tilt wheel during the calibration process? Did the tilt wheel ever work?

Got it, it is in gimbal setting - advance setting, you'll find 3 configurations of gimbals movement. Gimbal tilt EXP to 100 makes the gimbal moves very slow, and it feels like the gimbal doesn't move. Thanks for help guys

Did you move the tilt wheel during the calibration process? Did the tilt wheel ever work?
Mike, I am having this same issue-- Did DJI ever find a fix for this-- been thru firmware upgrades, down grades on controller and p4-- been flying this p4 for two years now with no issues.. Been working a few hours on this one and can't figure out the fix. App 4.3.12, Air Craft 02.00.0166 -- just went back one upgrade to see if that was the issue, Remote controller 1.9.3. Appreciate your expert help. The tilt wheel has always worked. Thank you.

Been working a few hours on this one and can't figure out the fix
What is the exact problem you're facing? When did it start? Did you change anything between now and the last time the remote controller worked as expected?

What is the exact problem you're facing? When did it start? Did you change anything between now and the last time the remote controller worked as expected?
When I use the left scroll wheel on the controller, it pans the camera side to side instead of tilting it up and down. I have never had this issue since I had the P4 - for over 2 years now, It started happening about a month ago--probably after one of the firmware upgrades-- I cannot pinpoint the exact time. Gone back one upgrade on the P4 and that didn't help. Reinstalled and updated DJI Go 4. Spent a couple of hours comparing my setups with a friend who has the same P4 as mine and his scroll wheel works as it should and tilts the camera up and done. The up and down tilt on my P4 can only be used with the finger touch on the screen of the Ipad-- which is not good in instances when I have to change the camera angle during an action shot.-- Dreading having to send it in to DJI for a fix, but seems the only solution at this point. I have tried everything in the "book" to get this scroll wheel back to factory default and it is not happening. There are posted instances (not a lot) of tis happening to a few others-- but none of the "fixes" have worked on mine. I know that if anyone other than DJI had a fix, it would be you. Thank you for any help or suggestions you could offer! Bob Myers

Mike, I am having this same issue-- Did DJI ever find a fix for this-- been thru firmware upgrades, down grades on controller and p4-- been flying this p4 for two years now with no issues.. Been working a few hours on this one and can't figure out the fix. App 4.3.12, Air Craft 02.00.0166 -- just went back one upgrade to see if that was the issue, Remote controller 1.9.3. Appreciate your expert help. The tilt wheel has always worked. Thank you.
Does the same thing happen when using a different mobile device?

Just to confirm, did you downgrade the remote controller firmware? If not, that would be worth a try to see if it resets that setting.

I did go back one upgrade on the aircraft-- No help there. I don't believe I tried going back one on the controller. I was not aware that the controller could go back one. If that is a possibility, I can certainly give that a try. Is the downgrade for the controller firmware available on the DJI website?
Thank You!

Awesome-- I will give this a try. I really appreciate your help!

Downgrade Controller firmware per instructions, from 1.9.3 to 1.8.0+-- Did not resolve the issue- camera still pans left and right and will not tilt up or down using scroll wheel. (Sigh) -- I know this has to be a firmware issue. This aircraft has never crashed or even had a hard landing and the tilt will still work with and finger touch on the IPAD. I just can't imagine what the problem is unless it involves, firmware and or IOS upgrades.

It seems it must be software/firmware related.

I know the Inspire supports this functionality and am wondering if your remote controller somehow enabled that setting. I've seen some threads where Inspire owners mentioned that setting auto configures itself sometimes. It's an easy fix on the Inspire since there is a C1/C2 setting to flip between tilting and panning. You shouldn't be able to see that option in the Remote Controller Settings in DJI GO.

You could try contacting DJI support for help. I'm assuming they will just tell you to send everything in since this is not a common issue and the person you talk to likely won't be aware of a fix.

The RC Groups P4 thread isn't very active these days, but you might get lucky and be able to get in touch with a DJI engineer there if they are still participating in that thread. Or maybe someone else who watches that thread will know of a fix.

I think I am going to continue to use it this way since I can control camera pitch on the IPad. This will give me a good excuse to get a new DJI Mavic Zoom-- I've been wanting to try that new platform- Again, your help and suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you

Hi to everybody, I have the same issue on my PH4, did you solved the tilt problem?
With iPad or iPhone works well, with the remote control it pans.
Thanks in advance.

Hi to everybody, I have the same issue on my PH4, did you solved the tilt problem?
With iPad or iPhone works well, with the remote control it pans.
Thanks in advance.
Did not resolve it-- tried all the "fixes" offered--- still same issue as you have. Sorry--- it happened I think in one of the firmware upgrades. I have rolled back one, no change,

Bobmyers, I solved!!!

try this method: power on the RC, press C1+C2+Shutter at the same time, don't let go of your fingers, power off the RC. Then you can normally power on the RC.
Now my camera tilt up and down and don't pan anymore.

Reactions: msinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl