Camera wont connect

Reaction score
P3 pro 4K Tried to connect to another p3 pro that was found with broken Camera.
That failed. It occurred to me that I may have defaulted my controller so then I tried to use the RC on my original P3 Pro It wouldn't connect the Camera and Device but I could Fly it manually.
I tried another usb cable and used the DJI video on How to Connect RC following the process using DJI go App as instructed.
1. Start RC
2. Start AC
3 Hold C1 C2 + Camera button heard D D D sound.
4. Operated Gimbal 2 Secs
5. On AC Pushed reset for 2 secs and light blinked Red and waited.
6. Went to RC in DJI Go App & hit "Linking RC" and hit "ok" for frequency ( would only accept frequency 14 )

Results
AC RED reset Light turned Green The gimbal operated but their was no camera connection
I noticed that I had a heavy interference / weak signal so I moved to a neutral area out doors away from all structures and repeated the process 4 times and tried 2 other new usb cables
It didn't work.
Any Suggestions. Or further information needed I can supply. Thanks

Updated attempts
This was to reset the controller
1. Hold C1+C2+Shutter and power on the RC and it starts constant beeps.
2. Start AC.
3. On AC Pushed reset for 2 secs and light blinked Red and waited.
4. Went to RC in DJI Go App & hit "Linking RC" and hit "ok" for frequency ( still would only accept frequency 14 ).

Results
Gimbal did not work.
Motors wouldn't run.
I can get it back to being able to fly But Still no Connection to my device (S8 Note that Ive been using for Months).
I also tried a Galaxy Tab A and had the same results.
I'm back to google and YouTube for now

Last edited:
Just a thought, awhile back I had a similar experience with a wrecked P3P. I don’t remember the exact details, but the solution was to replace the OFDM module.

Was it your experience that you had a poor radio signal along with no device connection / but you could fly the AC manually?
Is it the ofdm that provides the radio signal that communicates with the Device and provides the signal for the camera through the RC?

Logic would suggest that as the AC was not PART of the Failed attempt to connect the old P3 Pro that had no Camera. So you might assume that something I did to the RC is what is wrong

Last edited:
As I recall, I didn’t try to fly or start the motors because it showed a weak remote controller signal and disconnect. I do know that the OFDM module has the control to link the a/c to the remote controller.

So the remote would link with your old Phantom? But not the newer one? If so maybe try using the OFDM off of the older one. You may not have camera connection due to a fault with the camera/gimbal assembly.

no I couldn't get the controller to connect to the cameraless drone after trying that I went back to my original drone and I haven't been able to get the device to connect or the camera
The remote will fire the engines and I can fly it, there is Just no Connection with the device and the DJi go App. I have just reinstalled the DJI Go App and now I can not get the App past "How To Connect on the App.

Do you think it's possible that it is the remote controllers USB Port thats not working???

I checked all the connections on the AC camera and gimbal and the Gimbal works fine from the RC

Is the light on the remote green and the light on the side of the OFDM green? I would think so being that you can start the motors on the original drone. Are they green on the other drone?
The issue of disconnected can very well be a bad usb board. GL300A remotes has a reputation for that board failing.
What device are you using?

I want to thank you again for your help.
You brought up a couple of things that got me thinking about procedure and maybe I was under the influence of one of those **** Gremlins.
Feel free to contact me any time. I owe ya

I want to thank you again for your help.
You brought up a couple of things that got me thinking about procedure and maybe I was under the influence of one of those **** Gremlins.
Feel free to contact me any time. I owe ya
That’s part of what this forum is for! I’m always amazed at what I learn here. Sharing is caring ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31