Camera video - great, screen video - rubbish !!

Reaction score
Have test flown the P3P i bought and as expected camera video is good .. but OH the video screen is absolute crap !

My P3S on the Nexus 7 vers 2 was very good ... only occasional glitch ... but now with a cable feed on the P3P .. it is terrible.

I will be shutting down everything I can on it to see what can improve it - I already did Airplane Mode ...

Nigel

Here's the video

Nigel

I would disable video cash in GO, that helped for me and of course disable or delete all apps you don't use in your tablet(phone) disable all notifications for your apps, even when in airplane mode they seem to knock on the wifi door to get out to check for updates, clear ram before you launch GO. Where I fly the air is clean so auto channel works best for me, I have tried all the others (no hack) and they made it worse. For me all the updates since 2.9.1 (3.1.3 now and holding) have diminished video feed to the RC way faster, the video is gone and the control is still full bars, the only advantage to that is we have control on our craft but they could have made it so you still have control and maybe loose a few bars on control instead of keeping full bars.

Have test flown the P3P i bought and as expected camera video is good .. but OH the video screen is absolute crap !

My P3S on the Nexus 7 vers 2 was very good ... only occasional glitch ... but now with a cable feed on the P3P .. it is terrible.

I will be shutting down everything I can on it to see what can improve it - I already did Airplane Mode ...

Nigel
Agreed, that's not good at all. The Nexus 7 (2013) is a fine device and used by many here on the Pro/Adv forum. I have no doubt you'll get it sorted.

As noted, a good place to start is the cable from RC to your device. That has proven to be an issue numerous times before, and it's an easy check.
You can also check and very carefully reseat the cables on your camera / gimbal. Especially since you bought a used P3P and you can't really know it's history.
Also, as you know a P3S has a max of 2Mbps downlink bitrate but the P3P has a max downlink bitrate of 10Mbps. One thing you can do just to help you troubleshoot is to lower the P3P's downlink bitrate and/or try a custom channel to see if that helps any with your FPV.

Which versions of FW are on your AC and your RC?

I've got the Nexus 7 (2013) model, I get this type of interference when I fly with other flyers, it's usually the bloke with the standard or the lad with the P2V that causes it, your in your garden so it may be interference from wifi or similar.
Also screen recorders can be an issue, my suggestion is to get out to an open area and see if it occurs and yes get a good quality cable

Reactions: Oso
Here's the video

Nigel
Ouch that's not good. When I had tried to update my P4 with GO4 RC 1.8 AC .?? it was worse that that and my tablet crashed so I rolled back to 2.9.1 at the time and kept RC 1.8 and the bird I forget, my video was similar to yours, I rolled back RC to 1.6 and AC to ......0503 and my image came back nice with no breakups, then a forced update to 3.0 and the video degraded much faster as I flew further but never breaking up like yours Nigel.

FW 1.09.20 .... GO 3.1.6 ... I then updated after to FW 1.11.20 and GO 3.1.8

I'm actually a Litchi user normally but doing a test flight - I gave it GO ...

Cable is the supplied cable I was given with my P3S which was never used .. so its basically new.

I did try a shorter one to save having cable hanging down ... NEW !! but it didn't work at all ... so reverted to the DJI one.

I do read many others having same problem ..... so at least I'm not alone !!

Nigel

Here's the on-board camera vid ... which is fine ...

Nigel

It was crap with 3.1.6 as well .....

If the wife found out how crap this is - she'd tear me to shreds ... having agreed to buy the Pro ....

Honest - my Standard produced far better than this ...

Nigel

Here you are ... here's yesterdays compilation showing just how bad this is ... I edited out the long 'locked up' sections ...

Nigel

Given that the Nexus 7 Vers 2 is supposed to be very good .... I only had reasonable video feed today after Force Stop near all default Android Apps !!

DJI - sort the crap out .... seriously !

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl