Camera update 1.1.8 and issue - HELP

Thanks for the update idrone, I have tried the bind function on the App but It wont allow me to scan the barcode, when i go to Bind I get a pop up on screen - Get Repeater Info Failed - and a 'Yes' button. When I hit the yes button the app then returns me to the main settings page. I have tried the app on android and IOS , same result.

Byroman said:
Still waiting... :cry:
I've been reading your post and all the suggestions on how to solve it. Try this:
Unplug the white cable from camera and move the switch to the on position . Turn the Phantom on and check if the camera stabilization works, tilts it up and down. Now, while pressing the white button underneath the camera, replug the white cable back again, and check if it is properly inserted (til the end), and release the button. Turn the camera switch off and on again and check how is the light (blinking red, yellow).
Turn the Phantom off and try to do the update procedure again and make sure only the update file is in the root directory of SD card. Good lucky.

mrphotomagic said:
It wont allow me to scan the barcode, when i go to Bind I get a pop up on screen - Get Repeater Info Failed.

"Get Repeater Info Failed" means its not seeing your Repeater's WiFi broadcast & ID. When you reset the Repeater, can you confirm the WiFi indicator goes out & the Repeater reboots? After it reboots (30sec) do you see the WiFi indicator blinking? And do you see Phantom_1xxxxxx in your iDevice WiFi list? If you've gotten this far, highlight Phantom_1xxxxxx on your iDevice and click Forget This Network. The let your iDevice rescan available networks & reselect Phantom_1xxxxxx. Now run the DJI Vision app and try binding again.

iDrone

mrphotomagic said:
Thanks for the update idrone, I have tried the bind function on the App but It wont allow me to scan the barcode, when i go to Bind I get a pop up on screen - Get Repeater Info Failed - and a 'Yes' button. When I hit the yes button the app then returns me to the main settings page. I have tried the app on android and IOS , same result.

If you can't scan the QRcode, try to clean it. See if there are smudges/marks that can taint it. OR, email DJi with your serial number to ask them to email you your QRcode.

Idrone, I can confirm that the repeater reboots, but I never get the Phantom _1xxxx , But I do get Phantom _603dcf in the list

LeoS, I can scan the QR barcode no problem with my QR barcode App on the phone, but I am prevented from using the Scan QR code button from within the Vision APP.

You can't proceed with scanning the QR code because the DJI Vision app (and your phone) needs to be connected to the Repeater first. The next step (QR code) connects the Repeater & Camera WiFi together using your phone's DJI Vision app to program the Repeater over the phone-to-Repeater WiFi link.

Phantom_603dcf may be a later product than what some of us received, and I suspect that should be fine. Does your iDevice successfully connect to it & get a check mark (in the case of iOS)? If not, select it and click Forget This Network, then select it again when your phone rescans available networks.

iDrone

mrphotomagic said:
LeoS, I can scan the QR barcode no problem with my QR barcode App on the phone, but I am prevented from using the Scan QR code button from within the Vision APP.

If the app can't read it, then it's corrupted somehow. It only contains encoding of the MAC address and ssid, which are both encoded in specific format.

Yes I seem to be connected, I am using a Galaxy note 3 and unlike the iphone it doesn't have a check mark to indicate this,
But it does have full bars indicated, i noticed that the subscript is changing intermittently between "saved" and "internet not available" , I will try it on the ipad and see if that makes any difference

Thanks Pull up , you pointed me in the right direction, I solved my problem, having moved from the iphone to the new Samsung note3 mainly because of the larger screen, I am still feeling my way around this new phone and its operating system, I went in to the wifi advanced settings and I unchecked a load of settings in there and checked a setting to allow apps to access wifi and bingo it worked, Thanks everyone for your help, This is something for other android users to be aware of especially on the Samsung Note 3.
Its lucky for me this forum is here and the members are so willing to help others, thank you,
P.S. I still have not received any word from DJI support, maybe they should consider employing the forum members on here.
Cheers

Ottoni, I will try your procedure tonight. I have to ask you, however, how you found such an extravagant method to apparently reset the camera?
Ill let you know how it goes - if this does not succeed, my retailer has informed me that they will take it back and either repair it or replace the entire Vision! Of course, I see they are on back-order right now...

Ottoni,
This didn't work. Looks like when my firmware update failed, it put the camera in a state where the on-off switch stays on regardless of its position. If I unplug the camera with the switch in off position, it will remain off when plugged back in, but will not turn off after switching to on or WiFi. VERY STRANGE! The solid orange light continues to burn and burn and burn and burn....

Byroman said:
Ottoni, I will try your procedure tonight. I have to ask you, however, how you found such an extravagant method to apparently reset the camera?
Ill let you know how it goes - if this does not succeed, my retailer has informed me that they will take it back and either repair it or replace the entire Vision! Of course, I see they are on back-order right now...

Although I'm a pilot, I'm an expert in electronics too. Most electronic devices such as computers, routers and etc., have a reset button that brings the device into the startup state and is active for a short time after powering on. As the camera does not present this apparent button (it may be inside), alternatively, the power cycling or reset may require simultaneously or serially pressing or holding a designated combination of keys (e.g., user interface keys), the combination of which may be unknown or not readily available to a user. So, try the reset procedure combining a serie of switch positions, such as powering the camera on or off while pressing any button. Who knows !!! :roll:

Byroman said:
Ottoni,
This didn't work. Looks like when my firmware update failed, it put the camera in a state where the on-off switch stays on regardless of its position. If I unplug the camera with the switch in off position, it will remain off when plugged back in, but will not turn off after switching to on or WiFi. VERY STRANGE! The solid orange light continues to burn and burn and burn and burn....
Very weird at all ! Anyway worth a try, since you have nothing to lose because as you said, they will replace it for a new one.
I wanted to open my camera, but I didnt have enough time to do it. :idea: Never give it up ! Keep walking, I mean trying :lol:

Holy cow! Finally got a response from DJI last night regarding my camera issue (8 days after my help request). Sad to say, I'm not sure they really took time to read my problem and sent me back the default "rebind your camera" response - which I've already tried more times than I can remember. I guess I was sort of expecting this...to be fair DJI is likely dealing with support requests on a HUGE scale and my issue is certainly not common.
Here's the good news! I decided to take my Vision to my retailer yesterday to ask them for help. THEY WERE AWESOME!!!!! I should have gone there sooner, these guys are very professional and are going to support me all the way - saying they will replace it if they can't fix it. The company is called Quadrocopters, based in Columbia Falls, Montana. They build custom multirotor machines and also sell some RTF birds too. I got the tour when I was there and I was in total amazement. I saw some machines that looked to be right out of a sci-fi movie. The staff was about as down to earth and courteous as you would want. Seriously... check these guys out online. They'll hook you up right, and support you beyond sales. I think this is what we all want when we drop $1200 on a quad.
They will get back to me next week...I'll post how it all turns out. :D

Quadrocopters came through! My camera is now essentially a brick - totally stumped the repair guys - but they replaced it with a new one and all is fine. Best part... no charge!!!! Ill be picking it up on Friday. Cant wait to get back in the air!
Ill say it again - check these guys out! https://www.quadrocopter.com/

Glad you've got'cher eyes back, congrats. I assume they didn't have the instructions from the factory on how to perform the Factory Reset / Initialize for the camera? Still waiting to find out if this is an end-user doable reset.

iDrone

iDrone said:
Glad you've got'cher eyes back, congrats. I assume they didn't have the instructions from the factory on how to perform the Factory Reset / Initialize for the camera? Still waiting to find out if this is an end-user doable reset.
Correct, iDrone...
These guys are pretty "techie", but admitted they were stumped. Apparently they were able to get the camera out of the locked up state, but something was seriously wrong with the WiFi and it would no longer work properly. Whatever caused it, it basically scrambled the brains of the camera. Despite all their efforts it was simply easier to replace the entire camera than mess with it any longer.

I didn't hear if they went so far as to talk to DJI. I do know that they mentioned early on that they have a difficult time getting tech support from them - as we all do!
I was really hoping that I could report to the community some way that we could fix this issue ourselves if it should ever happened again in, sorry that I cant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1