Camera troubles

Reaction score
I'm using a kindle fire for my p2 vision and the feed is not very clear especially when phantom is moving. Any way to fix this thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Change preview quality to ( 640x480 15fps )
It is in the app under settings.
Also make sure props are balanced, for smoothest video possible.

Hope this helps
J Dot

COk. I had it on 640x480 but 30fps instead of 15. Will change it and try it out. Get back to ya on results. Thanks again

No luck. Still bad video feed. My range extender is an re500. Should I upgrade

Are you stock?
( is there anything blocking either side of camera? ) like an aftermarket gimbal ect?
A friend of mines extender went bad on him slowly, I'm not sure about the feed part, but he lost range slowly, closer and closer, until it failed all together!

I would first
Try to track the issue down, did this just start, or always bad?

There could be several possibilities!
1) bad extender
2) bad setting ( somewhere ( phone or camera ))
3) bad connection somewhere ( antenna or plug not fully inserted, ect )
4) camera Board failing

Try to exhaust all possibilities, before spending the cash!

1st
I try to rebind camera to extender ( YouTube how to )
Then DELETE APP, reboot smart device ( turn off completely, then on ) reinstall app,
Make sure all cables are FULLY INSERTED, the white cable in back of camera.
Check your camera settings closely ( stay away from 1080i settings, stay with 1080p or lower.

Then if still no
Run tests
1) turn everything on right in front of you ( bird, phone , Tx, extender NO PROPS )
Now walk away from bird ( carrying your RC and phone, and extender ) see if signal worsens, the farther you go, if so
1) bad extender
2) bad camera antenna or loose connection
3) bad extender antenna or connection?

Just keep looking and if all else fails, try a new extender. But I would hate to see you spend the squid if it is fine, and something else is WIERD?

Let us know.
Could be a phone setting as well?
Is it android? If so you might be able to drown load a wifi signal locator app, that can locate extender, and see what strength the signal is, if very low, close to phone, extender is most likely bad or bad antenna or connector

Good luck
J Dot

Ok j. Will do all of the above. Also just noticed while testing your first advice that my radar is showing bird pointed to the right instead of straight at h in middle. It's dead on when I use my iPhone but as I said I just started using a kindle tablet for a bigger screen.

Is the picture clear on the iPhone?
I might just be the kindle causing problem!

J Dot

No it's crappy on phone also. And yes I'm stock. Also I purchased my p2 used. I actually thought that's how the quality was regardless till I started watching people's videos and started wondering y mine looked bad while others are sharp and flawless

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irish_phantom