Camera Testing

Reaction score
I did an experiment this morning to see what the actual difference is between the Wide and Narrow FOV options, and how that correlates with what we see on the viewfinder.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXAQK_3pQv8[/youtube]
First you see the camera setting, then what the viewfinder shows, followed by the actual images from the SD card.
The first example is a still JPG.
The wobble on 1080p/25 (Narrow) is in the camera. There was no physical movement.

SO WEIRD!
I always use narrow FOV, because it looks better with out the fish eye for me! But that wobble is crazy, i have to check it out by myself!

Very good. I use narrow FOV mostly because the barrel distortion is less. However, when trying to frame up stills for a local estate agent (realtor) recently, the shots were not what was on the display screen. We were much higher, however a simple crop fixed it.

Wonder why video settings would affect stills?

cahutch said:
happydays said:
Wonder why video settings would affect stills?
I found the video settings effect what the viewfinder shows but doesn't change what's captured in a still.
So if your video is set to narrow FOV, your viewfinder will be too, but stills will still be captured wide.

Yeah that's what I discovered. I was framing up the shots based on the display on the phone, but the shots had so much more area in them. No big issue, glad it wasn't the other way around!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl