Camera settings

Reaction score
I'm not a bit knowledgable about digital video so could someone give me some advice on what setting to start with on the camera on my P2V+. What settings does the camera default to. At the moment the weather where I'm flying is bright sunlight. I'm just trying to get some basic ideas on how to control the camera.
Thanks
I thought I had posted the same basic request before, but I cannot find it so I suspect I hit the wrong buttons and sent it into black hole space.

The English Guy said:
I'm not a bit knowledgable about digital video so could someone give me some advice on what setting to start with on the camera on my P2V+. What settings does the camera default to. At the moment the weather where I'm flying is bright sunlight. I'm just trying to get some basic ideas on how to control the camera.
Thanks
I thought I had posted the same basic request before, but I cannot find it so I suspect I hit the wrong buttons and sent it into black hole space.

Unfortunately, without modified lenses, the camera on your Vision+ isn't that professional.

I'm not a professional and most of the videos I've seen taken with unmodified P2V+ are more than adequate for my purposes. It's just that my first attempt looks terrible. So I just need guidance to get me started.

For regular filming, 1080p/30 is about the best and the file can be edited easily. If you want to do more slow motion, than 720p/60 will give you enough data to slow it down 40%.

If it's very bright you might try reducing the exposure by a point or two.
720p/60fps is rather smoother and you notice it if yawing is not very slow and smooth, but on balance for gentle flying around 1080p/30 seems to be the best option.
I haven't confirmed this but have seen some comment that 1080p at 25fps allows slightly higher bitrates (would be a good thing).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl