Camera Pauses during panos

Reaction score
Tried a search and turned up nothing.

Sometimes when shooting a 360 pano, the camera pauses. (P4P+ Obsidian)
It might shoot the first 12 then stop for 5-8 seconds, then shoot a few more, then pause again, etc.
Other times it shoots the entire 34 shots nonstop.
Wind isn't the cause, because tonight there was absolutley zero wind, breeze, nothing.
I am also using sandisk extreme pro sdc. (Up to 90mb/s) I have also tried other cards.
Seems to be an entirely random occurrence.
Other than this hiccup, my Obsidan is perfect.

Anyone else have this happen?

29_2x.gif

Although not speaking from great experience in this matter, the first thing that comes to mind - assuming you had the camera set to manual - is the camera taking a second to assess the changing light conditions as the copter turns in order to compensate and adjust. Otherwise, when the images are spliced to make the 360, it will not be a smooth 360. That said, it would make sense that it doesn’t happen sometimes such as those times when it’s overcast or the sun is directly overhead.

Are you shooting raw or jpg. Odds are the freeze is to to buffer filling up.

Might try a larger faster card?

Personally I have up on the 360 mode on P4P as props always show up on the top shots. Much worse than Mavic or Spark.

I still carry my spark just for the 360 feature albeit most times shots into the sun are a bust.

Pail Caldwell

Is the DJI pano implementation somehow reliant on the tablet performance? If so, this could introduce variance, my experience of Android & DJI go is that you need to make sure the tablet is clean, no unwanted apps running, no bloatware, etc.

Reactions: MTO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor