Camera keeps stopping

Reaction score
Yesterday I did a Litchi waypoint mission with my P3A, and every minute or so I heard 'recording stopped' then a few seconds later, 'recording started'. When I uploaded the resulting video from the sd card to my PC, I saw several separate videos of about thirty seconds each instead of one long one.

I'd set Litchi to start recording automatically on takeoff, so I thought this might be the P3A's altimeter wrongly signalling that it was landing when I eased the throttle (even though I was about 200ft up) then signalling it was taking off when the P3A climbed. To test this, I disabled the 'start recording on takeoff' feature, but the problem persisted.

Then I figured it might be Litchi, so I flew with the DJI Go app - same thing happened.

However, I noticed I was getting this warning: 'Video Cache has stopped because there is not enough storage space'. At that point, I didn't know what the video cache was or where it was, so I Googled how to find the cache and clear it, and now I've cleared the cache.

I haven't yet had the opportunity to fly my P3A again, so I'm wondering if that was the problem.

Make sure you format the sd card correctly in the AC or it may cap data files to 4gb.
FYI that the P3 always splits video files at 4GB. There are no workarounds regardless of formatting as either FAT32 or exFAT. The P3 will still split video files at 4GB even though the exFat format itself allows larger files.

In the OP's case, clearing cache will solve his problem.

Last edited:
Another thing to check would be the waypoint settings in the Misson. What actions, if any, are listed?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I cleared the cache and disabled autocaching, and last night I set the drone up at home and turned the camera on. It recorded with no problems at all. Then to check, I flew a Litchi waypoint mission this morning, and again, there was no problem.

So it looks as though clearing the video cache was the answer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31