Camera issue at startup Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0

Reaction score
Once upon a time my Phantom 4 worked flawlessly. Now, its hit or miss.

It all started when my wife used it and forgot to remove the gimbal clamp when she first fired up. She took it off before flight and problems followed.

Soon after we started to get a "gimbal motor overload " error message and shaking during flight. The next issue was camera problems during startup. It would start its cycle ... up, down and then stay in the down position not coming back to center. VIDEO. sometimes the camera would go completely limp like no motors were working. Sometimes it will start up and fly without any issues.

I've done all calibrations, firmware updates and downgrades.
Any ideas on diagnosing the problem and how to fix it?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not easy to diagnose, but it looks like the gimbal has moved vs the motor. The startup movement looks more down than normal Or does go up less

i stopped using my gimbal lock as I think it puts more stress by installing and removing it than by not using it. I just am careful when handling the Phantom to not put pressure on the camera assembly.

Reactions: Tom45
Any idea on how long it was powered with the gimbal locked?
As far as I know she put it down in the driveway, powered on, then realized the clamp was on and removed it. Likely didn't shut it off in doing so.

Not easy to diagnose, but it looks like the gimbal has moved vs the motor. The startup movement looks more down than normal Or does go up less
I'm going to try to get video of it starting up when it works and compare it to when it doesn't. Its completely hit or miss on working vs not working

I dont really remember if I’ve ever done the power up with clamp on the p4’s that I have, but I have on the mavic series a few times. Haven’t had any gimbal issues on those after having done those.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic